Windows 10: Changed modem, internet on all OK but no network connect to 2 mac's

Discus and support Changed modem, internet on all OK but no network connect to 2 mac's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today our country internet / phone service joined the 21st century & we now have 25mbs internet service. That's the good news. The bad, sort of, is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GARoss, Oct 9, 2017.

1. GARoss Win User

Changed modem, internet on all OK but no network connect to 2 mac's

Today our country internet / phone service joined the 21st century & we now have 25mbs internet service. That's the good news. The bad, sort of, is to do this it was necessary to change the modem & now the internet on all computers is working but no network connection between all computers (PC & 2 mac computers). Not sure how to fix this. It would seem simple but (?).

Need some help, please.

:)

GARoss, Oct 9, 2017
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Can't access into Win10 store. It told me to check my internet The error code is 0x80072EFD

Network adapter is what your computer uses to connect to the internet.

It can be wireless or lan (wired rj45) from the device, card or on the motherboard.

Something from the pc has to connect to something that communicates to the internet.

A connection can be established through a modem, router or router-modem device.

Every network capable hardware device has one thing in common, a mac address string that is different from every other mac address.

But routers and modems have features that may need to be setup for somethings to work.

Besides the computer's networking hardware, your router or modem is the pc access point.

DHCP and UDP are two of the main functions of router-modems.

If some things are not setup correctly, there could be issues like local network ip assignment Two devices using the same connection exp. 192.168.0.2), not renewing the DHCP when the router-modems connection is reset by the host ( your internet provider
    renewing the lease time), or certain connection ports, protocols not setup or blocked.

Another issue is if a win10 device is set for a domain, it will route internet connection through it.

If more than one win10 devices are on the same network, the first one running will be the "host" system.

Sharing and home group sharing can also affect connections.

Right click the internet icon, open network and sharing,change adapter settings,right click adapter,status,click details, write down all settings.

Check each device this way, the only thing that should be the same is the default gateway.

kjl1956, Oct 9, 2017
  3. i want to disable one of my room mate cellphone wifi connection to modem, how will i do that using my laptop?

Hello. It's not so much disabling but preventing the connection. You can set up the modem to do MAC filtering, e.g. specify which devices are allowed to connect based on MAC address of the device. You can always secure the network or if the network is already secured,
    change the password/passcode. Last, you can buy networking software like Network Magic to control access to internet:

Web Server's Default Page

Resourceful, Oct 9, 2017
  4. GARoss Win User

We had changed from wireless to wired for internet as wireless was too slow. This changed the network connections as it was looking for wireless. Had to go to provider's LAN connection to update this computer to wired & all is working now.

GARoss, Oct 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Changed modem, internet on all OK but no network connect to 2 mac's - Similar Threads - Changed modem internet

2. Nothing gets download/Updated despite Internet connection all OK?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing gets download/Updated despite Internet connection all OK?: I have a 250mbps internet connection. The speed test on PC proves it and the downloads on ny phone also prove it. But on the PC, nothing can be downloaded. Even spftware updates are not happening but on browser and OTT sites all is working fine. What can be the issue? My...
  3. Nothing gets download/Updated despite Internet connection all OK?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing gets download/Updated despite Internet connection all OK?: I have a 250mbps internet connection. The speed test on PC proves it and the downloads on ny phone also prove it. But on the PC, nothing can be downloaded. Even spftware updates are not happening but on browser and OTT sites all is working fine. What can be the issue? My...
  4. internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC: Hello,I have some strange issue after my ISP change my modem, everything is fine 2 laptops, 2 phones, 3 routers excepting my main laptop Allineware 51 R2 with WIN10 pro.My main laptop I have ping in 8.8.8.8, I can connected remotely to anyconnect and remote desktop connection...
  5. Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites: Chrome is sluggish and erratic and what I'm noticing is that I have icon with a world and the "NO" symbol on the bottom right. Oddly I have internet on most sites with all browsers but not the Microsoft related sites like the store. The icon changes from connected to not...
  6. USB modem won’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB modem won’t connect to the internet: The problem occurred after Windows 10 update. The USB modem won’t connect with a message that the connection is interrupted. How to fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-modem-wont-connect-to-the-internet/b883ab70-2d7d-4e8a-8d89-cb258c8a6c5d
  7. INTERNET, MODEM

INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  8. can access the internet OK but not network drives

can access the internet OK but not network drives: can access the internet OK but not network drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-access-the-internet-ok-but-not-network-drives/2bd2de89-d684-48a1-b0a5-458213939c6a
  9. "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.: My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem and then through a switch to allow for a fast wired and decent wireless connection. My desktop seems to only connect to the internet when going through the router. I have done...
  10. Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network: I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to the Windows 10 computer. To my knowledge, no changes have been made to my small office network (Windows 10, Mac, Centos 7...