Windows 10: Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

Discus and support Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently changed my motherboard and cpu out for an upgrade and now windows is not activated, and I don't have my old motherboard anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jakevandee, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

Hi, I just recently changed my motherboard and cpu out for an upgrade and now windows is not activated, and I don't have my old motherboard anymore. I also tried transferring the key but it is not working

:)

Jakevandee, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 6, 2018
  3. windows activation after motherboard changed.

Hi Raed,

To reactivate your Windows 10 after changing your motherboard, we suggest that you check this
    article, and follow the Activation troubleshooter steps/instructions to resolve it.

Another possible resolution, you may refer to this thread, and look for
    Andre Da Costa's post.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

1. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated - Similar Threads - Changed motherboard isnt

2. Changed my Motherboard, now it can't activate my Windows Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my Motherboard, now it can't activate my Windows Account: Hi, I've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find my previous version of Windows either, it's showing I've never had it - I've had Windows on this PC since 2010/2011 and...
  3. Changed my Motherboard, now it can't activate my Windows Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my Motherboard, now it can't activate my Windows Account: Hi, I've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find my previous version of Windows either, it's showing I've never had it - I've had Windows on this PC since 2010/2011 and...
  4. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  5. change motherboard and activate window 10

change motherboard and activate window 10: Hi, I would like to update my hp computer motherboard with pre-installed window 10 with OEM version. I am wondering if I able to do that? Since I know that window 10 is somehow tied with the motherboard....
  6. Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now

Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now: I just bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 Home from the Windows Microsoft Store last week. Today I had to swap my motherboard and now my copy of Windows is no longer activated, despite being logged into my Microsoft account. I went to the activation screen>troubleshoot>"I...
  7. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

Changed motherboard, now i cant activate: Hello and thanks for any help I changed my motherboard the day before yesterday and I didn't know I should have taken measures beforehand. The problem is that I don't remember my account. I tried my regular mail but the code was wrong. But then my wife's mail popped up as a...
  8. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  9. My windows was activated but now it isnt...

My windows was activated but now it isnt...: I bought a computer about 6 months ago, it was activated but a few days ago it went desactivated and it's aking me to activate it... Im attaching an image with my system info... can you please help me? [ATTACH]...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...