Windows 10: changed password for email on the windows 10 platform

Discus and support changed password for email on the windows 10 platform in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have not been able to receive emails since April 2018. I tried changing the password in settings for the account but it goes back to the 16 character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JefferyCarter1, Jul 22, 2018.

1. changed password for email on the windows 10 platform

I have not been able to receive emails since April 2018. I tried changing the password in settings for the account but it goes back to the 16 character

password. My password only has 11 characters.

:)

JefferyCarter1, Jul 22, 2018
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Change password on windows 10

Hi Dave,

To change the password of the Local Account on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press CTRL+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
    • Choose Change a password.
    • Make sure to enter the correct old password before you can create your new password.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Jul 22, 2018
  4. changed password for email on the windows 10 platform

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

changed password for email on the windows 10 platform

1. changed password for email on the windows 10 platform - Similar Threads - changed password email

2. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  3. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  4. Change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  5. Change email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  6. Spectrum email password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spectrum email password change: I am using the Windows Mail that came with my relatively new computer which has Windows 10 installed. I changed my Spectrum email password with Spectrum and I can use it fine to see my email when I log onto their site. However, I went through the process of changing my email...
  7. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change: I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a remembered password from in the past. How do I change the password which is different now. I have tried SAVE several times and it...
  8. Original Email Changed When Setup Windows Platform

in Windows 10 Customization
    Original Email Changed When Setup Windows Platform: When I set up my computer with Windows 10 I used an email that I no longer own or have access to and all my C: drive files refer to it. I want to change the email address assigned to my User name on the platform. How do I do this?...
  9. change email password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change email password: How can I change the password on my gmail account through windows live mail. I keep getting an error message that the user name and/or password are incorrect but the screen isn't giving me any way to change either of these. I have been using the same password for a long...
  10. Can't change email password

in Browsers and Email
    Can't change email password: Windows 10 automatically attempted to sync my email information when I initially setup my computer. The problem is that is has an incorrect password (I have no idea what it is or where it came from). I've changed the password every way I can think of, I've deleted the account...