Windows 10: changed to microsoft accout added an outlook account to mail program

Discus and support changed to microsoft accout added an outlook account to mail program in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi it's no related to email program or problem but i added a outlook account in the windows 10 email ( HxMail.exe) after i reboot my desktop , and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drugo, Dec 31, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

changed to microsoft accout added an outlook account to mail program

Hi
    it's no related to email program or problem
    but i added a outlook account in the windows 10 email ( HxMail.exe)

after i reboot my desktop , and my windows 10 pro changed from a local account to a microsoft account *Sad

what's wrong?
    i want to keep a local account

thanks

:)

drugo, Dec 31, 2015
  2. Robbo1ZD Win User

Windows 10 mail App needs changing from Mail Express to Outlook. Can anyone help? Sadly it loaded with Windows 10 this way.

No, You don't understand. This does not help. Windows 10 is using the wrong mail App for my Outlook mail. I need to change this but I can't change or delete the Microsoft account mail that downloaded with the Windows 10 update. When it did this windows mail
    set-up, it set-up with the wrong mail app, not outlook...Understand?

Now I cannot change it. Only later added accounts can be changed....

Robbo1ZD, Dec 31, 2015
  3. IcebarSky Win User
    Windows 10 mail app not syncing sent folder

If you're having trouble with old hotmail account then try this.

1. Choose 'Add account'.

2. Select the type of accout as 'Othe account POP, IMAP'. Not Outlook.com

3. Enter your hotmail account & password.

4. Change 'Download email from' sync setting to anytime.

However, this accout won't work smooth as outlook account. Little bit slow.

Hope this helps. changed to microsoft accout added an outlook account to mail program :)

IcebarSky, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  5. drugo Win User
    Hi Brink
    at the startup , it asks me the email passoword
    i use lastpass to record *Sad
    can not access to my pc
    where is the setting in the email to switch to outlook/microsoft account ?
    thanks

Happy new year!

drugo, Dec 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That is it. It's asking you for the password of your Microsoft account which will be the same password used for your email account.

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  7. drugo Win User
    yes
    and i don't remember because i used PWgen to generate ,25 charatecters *Sad *Sad
    is there a way to bypass the login password like with w7 and w8?
    but i don't remember any switch in the w10 mail

drugo, Dec 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. changed to microsoft accout added an outlook account to mail program - Similar Threads - changed microsoft accout

2. Toggling from Microsoft Mail to the new Outlook program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toggling from Microsoft Mail to the new Outlook program: Regarding the upcoming switch from Microsoft Mail to Outlook: I have several computers on a home network. My question is, if I toggle to Outlook on one computer, how will this affect the other computers? Will these other computers also be forced to use the new Outlook...
  3. Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account: When I try to change to local account >Sign in with a local account instead<, the blue screen after entering the password freezes and says 'Sorry, we couldn't verify your identity. Please try again later'. I have to force close Settings. Here's the log of Event...
  4. Outlook mail account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook mail account?: I'm not able to get into my acct. Why nor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-account/063e129e-fb9c-4274-8320-0c72be27e9a4
  5. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  6. mail account with outlook

in Browsers and Email
    mail account with outlook: I keep seeding this message, “An encrypted connection to your mail services is not available” when I try to set up an email account. I have windows 10 and Outlook 2010. I’m to the point where I don’t believe that outlook can handle making an email account. Is there some other...
  7. mail account with outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail account with outlook: I keep seeding this message, “An encrypted connection to your mail services is not available” when I try to set up an email account. I have windows 10 and Outlook 2010. I’m to the point where I don’t believe that outlook can handle making an email account. Is there some other...
  8. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  9. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  10. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...