Windows 10: Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC

Discus and support Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my password for the the email address associated with my windows 10 user, and now I cannot log in to Windows 10. I can log in to Office 365 &... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tlaingworth, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC

I changed my password for the the email address associated with my windows 10 user, and now I cannot log in to Windows 10. I can log in to Office 365 & accounts.live.com without a problem. HELP! I've spent two days and over 8 hours with MSN experts but nobody can help!

:)

tlaingworth, Sep 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade ends up locking me out of my PC

I updated to Windows 10. As soon as I rebooted my laptop, I was prompted for my password (which I had not changed and which had always worked previously). I entered the accurate password and it tells me that "Your device is offline. Please sign in with
    the last password used on this device."

Which is exactly what I'd done.

After doing some online research, I went to accounts.live.com and changed the password there but it had no impact on my ability to log in to the laptop.

So my laptop is now a paperweight or a door stop. I can't even roll back to Windows 8 because I can't log in to the machine.

Any ideas?

DMyers0412, Sep 8, 2016
  3. kEN eNLOW Win User
    Can't Access Acount

no, I can't log in. It tells me my password is wrong and I need to got accounts.live.com to reset it but the account my desktop is on only has my dekstop and not the laptop on it. So, if it was unsynced, why would I still get this error?

kEN eNLOW, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Vesao Win User

Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC

At the login screen, click the Network icon at the right bottom corner and check if your computer is connected to the Internet. Without Internet connection, the system is unable to connect to Microsoft's server and validate your new password.

Vesao, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Yes, I am logged on to the internet via hard-wired portal.

tlaingworth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC

1. Changed Windows 10 Password in accounts.live.com & Can't Log In to PC - Similar Threads - Changed Password accounts

2. Can't log in after password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  3. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  4. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  6. Recent password change, can't log on my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent password change, can't log on my PC.: So, recently i change my Microsoft's account password and I can't log in.When I try to use PIN to log in it shows this massage:Your password has been change on another device. You have to log in to this pc using your new password. Something like that. I can log in into...
  7. Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password: Hi guys!My microsoft live account is hooked up to my windows 10 laptop. I initiated a password reset on my microsoft live account and am able to log in and see my connected devices. HOWEVER, when I attempt to log in my laptop using the UPDATED password, it appears to not...
  8. live .com

live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  9. can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't log on to window 10. won't accept password Want's password for an email account. new PC: As I'm sitting here typing my husband is shouting over my shoulder. Nearly a year ago we bought Windoes 10 pcs. My husband set his up and then put it back in the box. He want's to use it now but it won't let him log in. It's giving him some bullshit about a password and an...
  10. Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

Can't log into Microsoft Account with password: Alright, so I'm trying to log into my new windows 10 with my password. At first, it wants the email address. Type that in and it's good. Then it wants the password. Type that in and it's good. But then it wants me to retype the password to sign into my account. Alright,...