Windows 10: Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX

Discus and support Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am not sure regarding the etiquette of creating a new post similar to one I had before but I thought it best to separate a particular question from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phaedruspress, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX

I am not sure regarding the etiquette of creating a new post similar to one I had before but I thought it best to separate a particular question from that previous post.

Original post:

Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question

So in that post @dalchina gave me some advice regarding windows update settings via GPE but I am having difficulty getting to one of the pertinent data points that was made:

I was advised "Fiddling with the task scheduler isn't a great idea here. As you clearly have Pro, you can do better." Followed by this pic:

Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX [​IMG]

And then:Glancing through you can see those enabled.If you use the filter, you can see ONLY those enabled:Followed by this pic:

THIS is what my GPE looks like with only those options available to make changes from. So I thought that I needed to change the filter to see all of the options that were shown to me in this pic:

However when I changed the filters to managed NO and Configured NO (they were previously YES and YES I still do not see any further options to change the windows update settings as discussed in the original post. This is what it looks like after changing the filters which is no difference:

How do I get all the options back in the GPE under windows update so that I can follow the instructions in the original post. Do I need to go back to the task scheduler and undo something before all of the windows update options become available to me again or am I missing a step in the GPE to get those options back.Thanks so much.

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 23, 2018
  2. Lead3 Win User

How can I move the notifications icon?

While I have no opinion regarding the placement of the Notification icon, but I can say that a number of Clock applications were effected by the Anniversary update. I found that TClock Redux has updated it's clock to work with Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Tclock Redux

Lead3, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Lead3 Win User
    Clock covered up.

I had the same issue with my clock program, 1stClock. I gave feedback to the designer of that program and to Microsoft since this occurred with the insider versions as well.

For the time being , I am using a free program called TClock Redux. They have updated it to work with the Anniversary update and it works well.

TClock Redux

Lead3, Mar 23, 2018
Thema:

Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX

1. Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX - Similar Threads - Changed Update Assistant

2. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  3. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  4. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Malware and Onedrivetemp redux

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Malware and Onedrivetemp redux: This was discussed five years ago but not usefully answered in:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-malware-and-onedrivetemp/8b292974-df92-4b84-b92b-421e546b432cWindows 10 pro, 64-bit, 21H2, all patched up to dateOneDrive from Microsoft 365...
  6. Log in settings assistance.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log in settings assistance.: Every time I boot up my pc there are two login options and I have to click the other one and then enter my pin. Is there a way for my pc to auto log in to the second option, or get rid of the first option? The option that shows up first has my name, but no avatar picture....
  7. windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update assistant: 1)Is it safe to use windows update assistant to update my computer to the latest version? 2)Should I use this to update my computer to windows 1809 version from 1803 version even though I have not received the update automatically? 3)Will it affect my computer's working?...
  8. Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question: So I was perfectly fine earlier this month running 1703 (new notebook 12/17) even though 1703 I believe came out in April 2017 until MS hijacked (it turns out they did this to almost EVERYBODY) a few weeks ago and unceremoniously installed 1709. This is what my update...
  9. Change Windows Update Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Windows Update Settings: Is it possible with windows 10 (like windows 7) where I can change the Windows Update Settings so I get notified if there are new updates available and download them, rather than Windows just downloading and installing the updates? So if there was an update I didn't want...
  10. Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 How Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and Windows 10 In Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you can have assistive technologies start automatically when you sign in, after you sign...