Windows 10: Changes in device manager and the need to reboot.

Discus and support Changes in device manager and the need to reboot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I am facing a small issue, well not really an issue but something quite inconvenient. Whenever I disable any device in the device manager, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZeroSeventy, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Changes in device manager and the need to reboot.

Hello

I am facing a small issue, well not really an issue but something quite inconvenient. Whenever I disable any device in the device manager, to get the change to work I need to reboot my PC. This is very annoying and was not present in previous versions of windows. I understand that there are some devices that indeed require restart of the os to make changes (ie. gfx card, sound adapters etc). But then there are such as mouse, keyboard, xbox controllers etc. Those are small devices that you can plug out, plug back n they work.

My main problem is with xbox controller, my PC is located in such way that I cannot easily access the back of it to unplug the xbox controller at will, therefore I resolve to use the device manager, what was not a problem on win7/win 8.1 but it is on win10, I need to reboot it to make the changes take place... Is there anything that can be done to change it? Or is it system design?

:)

ZeroSeventy, Mar 20, 2016

2. Power management settings for a device in Device Manager change after reboot.

Hello,

This issue usually occurs due to outdated drivers. To address your concern, we suggest that you try to update or reinstall the affected drivers and see how it goes. For instructions, you may refer to the steps on the link below:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Power management settings for a device in Device Manager change after reboot.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. Regarding your concern with the power management settings for a device, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub so that our engineering
    team will take a look at it. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback
    items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when
      you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager link>).
    Let us know if you have any other queries that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, Mar 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. CountMike New Member
    I just tried disabling few devices in device manager (using right click) and none of them required restart. Did you try "Safely eject" for USB devices ?

CountMike, Mar 21, 2016
  6. I'm not sure what the problem would be to leave the controller plugged in all the time. I'm also surprised, as most computers have had front USB ports for a long time now. However, if your computer doesn't, the USB extension cable would solve your issue.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changes in device manager and the need to reboot.

1. Changes in device manager and the need to reboot. - Similar Threads - Changes device manager

2. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  3. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  4. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Device Manager changes drivers after reboot/unplugging device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager changes drivers after reboot/unplugging device.: I have a device debugger that connects via USB that has it's own manufacturer drivers. Every time I reboot my PC or even just unplug the device, my computer changes the drivers from my manual settings to what appears to be the default windows USB drivers, since driver file...
  6. changing devices in device manager...

changing devices in device manager...: Hello, I have a working Logitech PTZ Pro 2 camera and a Magewell HDMI capture device. Both are installed and drivers are up to date. What I want to do is switch the Logitech camera that is currently being detected as an "imaging device" in device manger and swap it with the...
  7. Error in device manager screenshot needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error in device manager screenshot needed: This probably sounds weird. I really need a device manager error screenshot (yellow exclamation mark) for a USB speaker. It's for my coursework as I forgot to take a screenshot so something I was fixing. I can't work out how to cause the issue to reoccur. Is there a way I...
  8. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  9. Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?

Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?: Since the first time I saw it in Windows (can't remember which version), long ago, I never had anything I could see as a result of clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" option in the Device Manager. What does it do exactly and is there any kind of file it generates?...
  10. Need Help Changing Boot Manager Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Changing Boot Manager Screen: Hi All, I recently rebuilt my PC and installed Windows 10. I then decided I wanted to have Windows 7 available just in case. I partitioned my primary HD and installed Windows 7. In other words, I installed Windows 7 AFTER Windows 10 for a dual-boot system. I was surprised to...