Windows 10: Changes in the Windows Camera app

Discus and support Changes in the Windows Camera app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some of our insiders may have noticed changes in the Windows Camera app. What is in these changes for you, the happy Windows user? You will get a more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Changes in the Windows Camera app

Source: Changes in the Windows Camera app - Windows Insider

:)

Brink, Jan 20, 2018

2. Windows 10: Changing camera permissions permanently disabled camera in my app. How do I fix this?

I have an app that uses the Windows camera app to take pictures. It works fine and when I click the shutter button in the camera app, the picture freezes and there is a check mark button to accept the photo. I can accept it and the app gets the picture form
    the camera app.

I disabled the camera for my app (not the camera app) and then the camera app would run with no warning but clicking the shutter button appears to do nothing. This is a terrible design flaw but not unexpected.

I enabled the camera for my app and it still does not work. Nothing changed except for the one option to enable or disable (on or off) the camera for my app.

this is clearly a bug in the Windows camera permissions, in the Microsoft Windows camera app, or elsewhere int eh operating system. My app was running the entire time and did not change in any way during the process. Turning off permission to use the camera
    did disable the camera in a roundabout sort of way. but it worked.

I uninstalled my app then installed it again from the store. No change. I checked for Windows updates. No change. I checked the microphone and all other permissions and my app has permission to do everything.

I restarted Windows and no change.

This happens on Surface tablets and HP laptops. There seems to be no work-around.

Please do not respond with "reinstall Windows" suggestions as that is a stupid option. Also, the system has been checked with SFC so don't suggest that option either. This happens on far to many other computers and tablets to be a corruption issue anyways.

Thanks for the help.

David Rector, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Camera app

The camera app says I need to change the privacy settings to allow the app access to the camera. The app is not listed in the privacy settings and I have "Let apps use my camera hardware" turned on. Camera app still does not work.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

WilliamWessel, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

Changes in the Windows Camera app

1. Changes in the Windows Camera app - Similar Threads - Changes Camera app

2. Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?: Is there a way to change the save settings for the Windows Camera App? I'm using it in Windows 10, and I would like to change the save settings for the pictures I am taking, specifically the file names. Having the files automatically named something like...
  3. Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?: Is there a way to change the save settings for the Windows Camera App? I'm using it in Windows 10, and I would like to change the save settings for the pictures I am taking, specifically the file names. Having the files automatically named something like...
  4. How to change Camera app to face me.

How to change Camera app to face me.: Hello, I just recently bought a new laptop. I also have a Zoom call coming up tomorrow. I did test the Zoom app on Windows 10 and the camera app and it's not facing me. What do I do to make it face me?...
  5. how to change the image orientation in the camera app? :

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the image orientation in the camera app? :: how to change the image orientation in the camera app? : how to flip/mirror the display on camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-image-orientation-in-the-camera/b0a343f0-6f70-4684-afbf-657c8b4a4990
  6. Windows Camera App

Windows Camera App: I cannot get the video portion of my camera to work today. Only photos. Tried to uninstall so I could re-install program, but it will not let me do that either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app/35d600df-f143-49e4-8ee4-7b5dcec7d65b
  7. Windows Camera App

Windows Camera App: Hello, Is there a current plan to add QR scanning and bar code Scanning to the Windows Camera App? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app/343923dc-1d80-4d49-bd11-fda66c31a513
  8. Windows Camera App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Camera App: My Laptop shows Blue Screen whenever I try to open Camera App. I am using Lenovo Thinkpad X130e (AMD). Please guide me. This is the picture. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app/59ab25c3-5c2e-475b-b535-938b457c0517
  9. Windows camera app

Windows camera app: Hi I have a problem with my camera app. Whenever I open it it keeps taking me to a black screen. Therefore, I cannot use my camera for facial recognition etc. What should I do ?...
  10. Unable to change audio input on Camera app

Unable to change audio input on Camera app: Hi, I recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and was hoping to record gameplay. I plan on using fraps to record the game (and its sound), and use the Windows Camera app (which comes preinstalled) for a facecam and my voice. My webcam has bad audio so I was wanting...