Windows 10: changes time

Discus and support changes time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Twice now I have corrected the time and it's back again to being seven hours ahead. I'm on PDT and the time settings are on UTC-8 for Pacific. 111253 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AllanP, May 29, 2018.

1. AllanP Win User

changes time

Twice now I have corrected the time and it's back again to being seven hours ahead. I'm on PDT and the time settings are on UTC-8 for Pacific.

:)

AllanP, May 29, 2018

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 29, 2018
  3. Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

changes time

1. changes time - Similar Threads - changes

2. Windows 10 Sandbox - Save changes to Sandbox after quitting virtual environment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sandbox - Save changes to Sandbox after quitting virtual environment: The Windows 10 Sandbox is a great feature but, it has one problem in common. The Windows 10 Sandbox does not save changes after quitting the virtual application. This sandbox must keep changes like VirtualBox because users that want to create a virtual machine wants to keep...
  3. Win 10 keeps changing the default app for pdf-files back to Edge. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 keeps changing the default app for pdf-files back to Edge. How do I stop this?: I have a brand new laptop and this version of Win 10 switches the default app for pdf-files back to Edge every time I update my third party pdf software. How do I stop this from happening? It is extremely annoying....
  4. ome key not working after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ome key not working after hardware change: hi there so I installed windows on my new pc using a ome key the key worked then I noticed I had a faulty motherboard so I had to get a replacement and now my windows 10 install is saying that my key Is not valid error code: 0xC004C060 HELP PLZ...
  5. Edge keeps trying to change the default app for pdf-files. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge keeps trying to change the default app for pdf-files. How do I stop this?: I have a brand new laptop and this version of Win 10 switches the default app for pdf-files back to Edge every time I update my third party pdf software. How do I stop this from happening? It is extremely annoying....
  6. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  7. Update message not changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update message not changing: I have the message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" When I click on "Check for Updates", it finds none and...
  8. Microsoft store error code 0xC0EA000A after hardware change and Windows 10 Re-activation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store error code 0xC0EA000A after hardware change and Windows 10 Re-activation: Hello all, I recently changed hardware on my computer which mean't I had to reactivate Windows 10 Home. My original key is a Windows 7 Home key which I used many years ago to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. However this key wouldn't work and I kept receiving a failed error...
  9. Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH] ***Modified the title from Groove Music change the album photo***...
  10. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...