Windows 10: Changes to OneDrive

Discus and support Changes to OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received the below an email from Microsoft in reference to OneDive, dated today (4/8/16). From reading through it, it sounds as if anything over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by b1rd, Apr 7, 2016.

1. b1rd Win User

Changes to OneDrive

I received the below an email from Microsoft in reference to OneDive, dated today (4/8/16). From reading through it, it sounds as if anything over the 5GB capacity might be deleted around 7/15/16 if we don't upgrade, but I was hoping for some confirmation from anybody up-to-date with this.

I should add that this email arrived in a different email than I use to log into and use OneDrive, so it indicates that I should still be fine after the changes. However, I do have more than 5 GB on my 'real' OneDrive account, and I was wondering what might have been said in the emails that were sent to people over the 5GB limit?

Regards,

:)

b1rd, Apr 7, 2016

2. microsoft edge home page

Thanks, but this is not what I was looking for. I don't particulary like the mail app the way it is set up, and I don't want to make outlook my homepage. What I wanted was to keep my homepage on edge, but to add the outlook or Hotmail tab or short cut

changes ??, Apr 7, 2016
  3. microsoft edge home page

how can I add Hotmail to the task bar in Microsoft edge home page

changes ??, Apr 7, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Changes to OneDrive

I seen a post on another forum that was asking the same question that included what I thought was a very suspicious looking link to a site where he could learn more
    At first I thought that it was an old email and he didn't notice the date on it or was some kind of new fishing site, but now your the fourth person I have read about getting this same email.

sml156, Apr 7, 2016
  5. TONSCHUH Win User
    I got it as well and wonder if the 1TB from the Office-365-Subscription is here to stay ?

*Smile

TONSCHUH, Apr 7, 2016
  6. pcmike Win User
    The email you received is from a website owned by ExactTarget; it is *NOT* from Microsoft. (Microsoft announced changes to its OneDrive product months ago.) Note the “S” at the end of “microsoftemails”--that’s your first clue. Then, view the source code for the email, and do a whois search on the domain.

ExactTarget is some kind of email marketing site which, apparently, does not care who uses its services.

If you click on any of the links in that email, you will be asked to provide your username and password. If you do that, the bad guys will then have your secret information.

pcmike, Apr 8, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    I was curious about this, so I went ahead clicked all of the links and they do appear legit, however I am no expert. I also checked the source code for the email, and I am unable to find anything related to "ExactTarget" either.

The link from my email went to the storage section of my MS account. I was not required to provide any additional information and I had access to my personal info, as well as my recovery info, so I am confident that this landing page was legit (Or if not, hat's off as it's VERY good) This was not the same account that I have my OneDrive with, so I had nothing stored there anyhow and when I clicked the link in the email, it confirmed that as well.

I also just clicked on the link from sml156's post and it too 'appeared' legit. That link took me to an article titled, "Microsoft OneDrive storage changes." The URL appeared as: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...torage-changes .xxxxx. (I did not want to include the full link in case it is corrupt.)

I don't know if this is a phishing scam or not, but thus far I can find no evidence of that. I am also aware that MS put news out a while ago about the change, but I am wondering is this is another warning. However, the first article indicated that people with the 15 GB accounts are fine, they just won't be offering any new ones.

PS- I forgot to mention that I also Googled "Changes to OneDrive phishing scam" with no hits either.

b1rd, Apr 8, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Changes to OneDrive

I just scanned the URL(from @sml 156 post above) at virustotal online:
    see report here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/f3...is/1460181121/

Code:
    Changes to OneDrive [​IMG]
    URL: http://click.microsoftemails.com/?q...8c30c5d038988259148f0ac599f884f167e2d258e0ada Detection ratio: 0 / 67 Analysis date: 2016-04-09 05:52:01 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )
    Changes to OneDrive [​IMG]
    [COLOR=#379F32 !important]0 [COLOR=#B40C1A !important]0[/COLOR] [/COLOR] URL Scanner Result ADMINUSLabs Clean site AegisLab WebGuard Clean site AlienVault Clean site Antiy-AVL Clean site Avira Clean site Baidu-International Clean site BitDefender Clean site Blueliv Clean site C-SIRT Clean site CLEAN MX Clean site CRDF Clean site Certly Clean site CloudStat Clean site Comodo Site Inspector Clean site CyberCrime Clean site Dr.Web Clean site ESET Clean site Emsisoft Clean site Fortinet Clean site FraudScore Clean site FraudSense Clean site G-Data Clean site Google Safebrowsing Clean site K7AntiVirus Clean site Kaspersky Clean site Malc0de Database Clean site Malekal Clean site Malware Domain Blocklist Clean site MalwareDomainList Clean site MalwarePatrol Clean site Malwarebytes ******* Clean site Malwared Clean site Nucleon Clean site OpenPhish Clean site Opera Clean site PalevoTracker Clean site ParetoLogic Clean site Phishtank Clean site Quttera Clean site Rising Clean site SCUMWARE.org Clean site SecureBrain Clean site Spam404 Clean site SpyEyeTracker Clean site Sucuri SiteCheck Clean site Tencent Clean site ThreatHive Clean site Trustwave Clean site VX Vault Clean site Web Security Guard Clean site Websense ThreatSeeker Clean site Webutation Clean site Wepawet Clean site Yandex Safebrowsing Clean site ZCloudsec Clean site ZDB Zeus Clean site ZeroCERT Clean site Zerofox Clean site ZeusTracker Clean site malwares.com URL checker Clean site zvelo Clean site AutoShun Unrated site Netcraft Unrated site PhishLabs Unrated site Sophos Unrated site StopBadware Unrated site URLQuery Unrated site [/quote]

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    Could this be because the offer wasn't taken when MS gave us the chance to upgrade so we could keep our extra OneDrive Storage?

Winuser, Apr 8, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
  11. b1rd Win User
    I'm still a bit unclear. Does this mean if we already have OneDrive accounts that exceeds the 5GB, however still under 15 GB, then we should be fine?

I do recall doing something several months ago when the news first came out, but I don't recall what. I now just logged into my (free) OneDrive account and checked the storage. It's currently showing that I'm at 6.4 GB, with an extra 8.5 available. I also checked the MS Outlook email account associated with my OneDrive account, and there were no OneDrive related emails sent there. No emails at all for that matter.

So, I'm wondering if this is just reiterating / informing what was sent a while back, but perhaps only to the MS email accounts that have failed to take any action when they had the chance to, and are now being informed that there are being restricted to the 5 GB?

12. Cliff S New Member
    It means if you didn't opt in for the 15GB by going to this link(the offer is now expired): OneDrive , You only get 5GB, basically just enough to sync your OS settings with your OneDrive account, for a few devices, when using the same Microsoft account for them all, and maybe a few documents.

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
  13. b1rd Win User

Changes to OneDrive

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

14. Davy49 Win User
    Davy49, Apr 15, 2016
  15. b1rd Win User
    Hi David, thanks for the link.

I now see that I'll need to make some changes soon, or open my wallet.

For anybody who missed it, it reads in part:

Ref: OneDrive storage changes - FAQ - Office Support

Thema:

Changes to OneDrive

1. Changes to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Changes OneDrive

2. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  3. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  4. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  6. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  7. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

8. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  9. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  10. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security