Windows 10: changing a saved password to a website

Discus and support changing a saved password to a website in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wandoo3, Apr 20, 2016.

1. wandoo3 Win User

changing a saved password to a website

hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps popping up instead of my new p/word.. why isn't it changing at the website.. anyone know... thank you

:)

wandoo3, Apr 20, 2016
  2. 2mc56 Win User

Pin a website requiring a password to Start Menu as a tile?

I use an app called Wunderlist. They just updated to a new version and deprecated the Windows Phone app. It's broken and is no longer in Marketplace. (I'm sure they will update at some point in the future).

They also have a website where I can enter my log-in info and have access to all of my information just I had done before with the app.

My question is this:

Is there a way to create a tile that I can pin to the Start Menu that when selected will open a browser (I don't care which browser - I'm not 'married' to any particular browser for this question) which will navigate to a website that a) already has my saved
    user name and password or b) that will enter my user name and password? So, basically I want to tap a tile and get to the same data through the website that I was able to get to through the Wunderlist app.

I hope I'm being clear. I'll be glad to clarify - just ask.

Thanks.

Matt

2mc56, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Pin a website requiring a password to Start Menu as a tile?

On your phone, navigate to the website you want, and log into it with your user name & password - if there is a "remember me" option, select it. After you've successfully logged into the website, tap the three dots in the lower right hand corner of the screen
    and select the "pin to start" option.

I've got the Answers forum pinned to my phone's start screen and I hardly ever have to relog into the website. You experience may be different with a different website.

I

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

changing a saved password to a website

1. changing a saved password to a website - Similar Threads - changing saved password

2. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  3. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  4. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving websites to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Saving websites to Favorites: I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on the Star as indicated. The name is automatically entered but it can be changed. Select the folder to save the favorite site....
  6. Saving cookies for selected websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving cookies for selected websites.: Every time I reboot this computer, I have to reenter my password for OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I have gone to settings in the Microsoft Edge browser and added these sites, including NavyFederal.org, but the cookies still get erased when I reboot. Please tell me what I am...
  7. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change: I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a remembered password from in the past. How do I change the password which is different now. I have tried SAVE several times and it...
  8. Website password

in Browsers and Email
    Website password: I have one website that Edge won't remember the username and password. As I type the username the next characters flash in the box. I went into Credential Manager and the site was listed with the correct username and password. I deleted its listing and brought the page up and...
  9. Saving a website in Favorites folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving a website in Favorites folder: Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning. How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7. Thank you. 23805
  10. How to save websites in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How to save websites in Chrome: I've recently been having a lot of issues w/MS Edge and Firefox, in fact Edge became unusable for reasons I won't go in to here. A computer tech friend swears by Chrome, so I downloaded it and clicked on the "Import from Firefox button" and there they were. It seems very...