Windows 10: Changing audio gradually fades instead of being instant

Discus and support Changing audio gradually fades instead of being instant in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, hoping I can contribute a bit myself eventually. Hardware & Software I'm having a problem after reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Speedy, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Speedy Win User

Changing audio gradually fades instead of being instant

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum, hoping I can contribute a bit myself eventually.

Hardware & Software

I'm having a problem after reinstalling Windows 10 Home.

I am using a KORG nanoKONTROL 2 mixer - it basically has a bunch of knobs / sliders to control audio.

I am also using ActualSolutions Power Mixer software, as well as the Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers.

Problem

Whenever I now try to change the computer's volume, it is slow. It takes about a second to catch up to where my physical slider is, because it gradually and smoothly changes the volume rather than corresponding to where the physical slider is.

Whenever I also just turn the slider up and down very quickly and then let go, Windows is still taking a couple of seconds to catch up - the volume would go up and down on it's own until it's caught up.

:)

Speedy, Sep 29, 2016

2. No Sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: No Sound

I upgraded from XP to Windows 10 (64 bit). Initially the sound was great. Gradually, the sound (voice & music) started to fade & I also noticed that the Hanns.G monitor started to fade (as though a mist/fog appeared. After re booting, the fog disappeared
    but the sound had reduced from 100% to about 15%. I changed the USB plug in sound card to an HD Audio & headphone Amp. Still no sound. I plugged sound card into each USB port in turn. No sound. I then changed the monitor to a new Hanns.G monitor (speakers
    within)...no sound. I then checked the sound card within bios that indicated there was a fault. I changed the motherboard in case that was at fault. Initially, when re booted, bios showed sound was working ok, but no sound emitted.

Help !!

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

Chaz Jordan, Sep 29, 2016
  3. ambient light sensor N8

I was wondering about this too. My light sensor is really driving me crazy as its way too sensitive always fading up and down as soon as say, a finger brushes part it. Why have a brightness adjustment which is really in effect useless? With previous non
    Nokia phones I had, they all fade much smoother and gradually after a longer amount of time. It's pain esp when playing Angry Birds!

Greycounciller, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

Changing audio gradually fades instead of being instant

1. Changing audio gradually fades instead of being instant - Similar Threads - Changing audio gradually

2. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.: I want to be able to mute the mic instantly and not have it fade away for around 0.5s. I know it does this because I can Listen to myself on Sound Settings > More Sound Settings > Listen > "Listen to this device", and of course other people have told me they can still briefly...
  3. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.: I want to be able to mute the mic instantly and not have it fade away for around 0.5s. I know it does this because I can Listen to myself on Sound Settings > More Sound Settings > Listen > "Listen to this device", and of course other people have told me they can still briefly...
  4. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fading audio volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fading audio volume: HP ENVY, running Windows 10, speaker starts off low in volume then quickly fades down to almost inaudible point. the audio jack works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fading-audio-volume/e48092b9-df06-475a-9a69-6c0935356633
  6. Audio gradually goes silent by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio gradually goes silent by itself: So the other day I start my HP Pavilion 15cw 1xxx go to youtube and turn on some music and I notice that my audio is slowly turning volume down but the volume is at 100%. I try several times turning the volume down manually and turning it back up and it works but then again...
  7. Audio fades out after 3 seconds.

Audio fades out after 3 seconds.: After about 3 seconds of audio playback on literally any program--yes, this includes system settings such as testing audio in the Sound control panel--it will fade to a monstrously low volume, rendering me unable to hear any audio at all. In order to hear anything again...
  8. Windows background change fade speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows background change fade speed: Hello, I've just downloaded WinDynamicDesktop to have macOS wallpapers that change during the time of the day, when the time changes the wallpaper fades extremely fast to another one and I dont even see the fade fully. What I was wondering is if there is some option in...
  9. Audio fades to silence

Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  10. Add fade audio effects in video clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add fade audio effects in video clips: I want to underlay video clips with my own music using narration. My problem is in changing the music from one set of pictures to the other. I cannot figure out how to make sound be faded out at the end of a photo set and fade up at the beginning of the other....