Windows 10: Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

Discus and support Changing Basic Trackpad Functions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kmanic, Jul 21, 2018.

1. kmanic Win User

Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for right click.

:)

kmanic, Jul 21, 2018
  2. noejavier Win User

trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Jul 21, 2018
  3. ScotGill Win User
    Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I have the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5152 laptop. The touchpad worked in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the trackpad functions at the login screen and for the first minute or so after logging into Windows. After that, nothing.

The touchscreen works, as will a USB mouse, but I much prefer the trackpad. I tried the suggestions listed by the Microsoft engineer in the other reply, but they did not work.

Any other suggestions?

ScotGill, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

1. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions - Similar Threads - Changing Basic Trackpad

2. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  3. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  4. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  5. Basic Defender function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Defender function: I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the...
  6. Windows Precision Trackpad lacks functionality.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Precision Trackpad lacks functionality.: I have a Dell XPS 9700. It comes with a windows precision trackpad. I came to windows laptops from using macs, and there are several things about the trackpad that piss me off that I hope there are ways to fix. I looked everywhere in the options settings and found no feature...
  7. Cortana can't perform basic functions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't perform basic functions.: I'm trying to use Cortana to open apps, set reminders and things like that. She's advertised to be able to do all of that by Microsoft. However, whenever I try to, say, open an app, I get the response "Sorry, but I'm not equipped to do that at the moment". It's either that or...
  8. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions: Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now? I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable. I realize many thousands of people are posting about this same problem. When will Microsoft put out a patch to fix this....
  9. Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar: When I start up my computer, it seems to load up perfectly fine but when I go on teamspeak or other apps, problems begin. I have the turtlebeach px5 which requires a bluetooth adapter to work but when I go on teamspeak. My microphone does not seem to pick anything up. I...
  10. basic unnecesary changes

in Windows 10 Support
    basic unnecesary changes: I really would like to know why developers in general like to move/change the most basic functions to make it frustrating and depressing.example why did they have to change "MY COMPUTER" or the control panel location.It makes no sense to shift these things around when people...