Windows 10: Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.

Discus and support Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking at the MS Sticky Notes app as a replacement for 3M Post-It Notes app which is giving me trouble at the moment. What I would like to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Agrippa, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Agrippa Win User

Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.

I am looking at the MS Sticky Notes app as a replacement for 3M Post-It Notes app which is giving me trouble at the moment.

What I would like to do in Sticky Notes is to change the colour of various selected pieces of text (which you can do in Post-It Notes). I have found one or two claims that you can do this by putting the text to be changed into something like Word or WordPad, changing the colour, and then pasting it into Sticky Notes. However, when I tried this it did not work; the colour stubbornly remained as black.

Is it possible to do this?

:)

Agrippa, Jan 29, 2018

2. Sticky Notes

When I pin Sticky Notes to the taskbar, there is no colour in the app so i cannot see it on the taskbar.

How do I ge the colour back into the app

RichardVan der velde, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Si MotogoatUK, Jan 29, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

A few of the keyboard shortcuts work such as Ctrl+B to make the text bold, Ctrl+U to underline etc. but I do not know of any way to change the text colour.

philc43, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Agrippa Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

The thing is that I've found a few YouTube videos that show changing text colour in WordPad etc, then successfully pasting into Sticky Notes. And to rub salt into the wound, if you go to Sticky Notes in the MS store the first screen shot shows exactly what I want, namely text in two different colours. I attempted to download it but was told that it was already installed.

It looks like MS have quietly got rid of all the fancy things you can do in Sticky Notes except for a few simple operations such as bold and italic.

Agrippa, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Can't seem to change text size and color, etc. using WordPad, in the Stick Notes App as you could in 'Classic Sticky Notes'

Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app. [​IMG]

The Screenshots from the Store may be showing abilities from devices that have Pen support, perhaps through Windows Ink Workspace,
    (Links, ('Insights'), will show in blue)

Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app. [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 30, 2018
  7. Agrippa Win User
    It all seems very strange. I think I'll persevere with Post-It notes which seems to be behaving itself at the moment.

Agrippa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app. - Similar Threads - Changing colour selected

2. MICROSOFT STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT STICKY NOTES: the menu bar in sticky notes is completely white. I tried to reset the app and opened it again. After syncing my email account, it still remains as is. completely white, where in I'm unable to press the exit button unless right clicking at the task bar. I don't know if...
  3. Sticky Notes pasting text as images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pasting text as images: When I copy editable text from the internet or onenote and paste it into the sticky notes app it pastes as an uneditable image and not text. I tried to erase the cache in the C drive-users-my id-app data-roaming-microsoft-sticky notes. I am still having the same issue, its...
  4. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change: When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading. It is...
  5. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  6. Microsoft Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Sticky Note: Hi After I Updated Windows to last version My sticky notes doesn't minimize & still appears i tried to uninstall & reinstall the same issue hope any one have a solution...
  7. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  8. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...
  9. microsoft sticky notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft sticky notes: I just got a new computer. i try to open Microsoft sticky notes and it does not open. I try to reset it, uninstall it and install it again... when I open it, nothing happen.....
  10. Microsoft Sticky Notes app update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Sticky Notes app update: A brand new Sticky Notes for Windows has arrived! Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes. Version notes Version number: Varies by device We like to make...