Windows 10: Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Discus and support Changing default settings for MS Wordpad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10?

Specifically, I would the following to be default:

Line spacing: 1.00

Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE)

Word wrap: Wrap to window

:)

Alfred001, Feb 11, 2017
  2. legost2 Win User

Setting default to duplex in Microsoft Edge

I'm using Windows 10 in Microsoft Surface; there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default for printing to duplex. My Brother printer is set up to default to duplex, but MS Edge is sending single side to the printer, and it appears to be overriding
    the printer default. Where do I set MS Edge to default to duplex? I don't want to have to change it every time -- and it's annoying, btw, that I can't open a pdf from IE.

legost2, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Reset Regedit window size

I accidentally changed the default window size and position of regedit.exe on my Windows 10 PC, and I tend to go nuts whenever the default setting was changed. So is there a way to reset this setting to default? And BTW is there a generic way to do the same
    on other MS/3rd party software?

Dixing Gao, Feb 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 11, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    Is the old WinXP style wordpad in Win10, hidden somewhere? Or can it be downloaded from somewhere?

(I don't know whether Win7 or 8 wordpad is different, I went from WinXP->Win10, but I'd like the kind of wordpad that was in XP)

Alfred001, Feb 12, 2017
  6. Alfred001 Win User
    Alfred001, Feb 16, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I think it will look different due to the Ribbons styling. I have been able to install Office 2000 on the Insider Preview/IP version of Win10, basics work fine but wouldn't count on Outlook or Access to do the same, they are more powerful programs.

Berton, Feb 16, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

It did work once in the session in which I installed it again, but not thereafter. No surprise really.

Best advice: simply use a different editor.
    Example: Polyedit lite if you want something smaller than an office program with more capability including spell check:

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad? [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad? - Similar Threads - Changing default settings

2. My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings: I use Irfanview 64 bit as my default image viewer app. It has been a while since I tried accessing my images. Today I noticed that the tools menu was missing from this app. I finally figured out that the toolbar skin had been changed from Default to some other setting. I went...
  3. How to change the default WordPad font using regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default WordPad font using regedit: WordPad comes with Calibri font size 11 by default. There are many work-arounds available online to change the font, but I would like to see a tutorial with a step-by-step fool-proof regedit procedure with screenshots as Brink does so masterfully. 178513
  4. How do I change default font in wordpad

How do I change default font in wordpad: How do I change default font and size in wordpad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-font-in-wordpad/ddd9cd02-3e14-4bca-ba78-fd2c29ef0b5e
  5. Set WordPad as default

Set WordPad as default: That worked fine BUT when I reopened the document I was experimenting with it opened in Microsoft WORD by Default - having closed that I was able to then search for the file and then reopen - by right clicking and instructing the PC to open another app as WORDPAD was not...
  6. WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS: I really do not like the SPACING default of "1.15" and change it to 1.0. BUT despite wasting lots of time reading others opinion of how to CHANGE TO DEFAULT, has been a total waste of time. I CAN'T FIND A "SAVE AS DEFAULT of ANY CUSTOMIZATION I TRY TO DO. Question: IS...
  7. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  8. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...
  9. Trying to set Wordpad default to single space

Trying to set Wordpad default to single space: Hi! I'd like to change Wordpad's default to single space, so that I won't have to go into Line Spacing to change this on every document. Thanks! 74588
  10. Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?

Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?: Hello, Wordpad has "horrible" default hilight colors (too vivid for my eyes)... And I would like to change them to a set of less vivid colors. The program does not allow to change the default hilight colors, at least in a simple way. Could anyone help me to force...