Windows 10: Changing Desktop font size

Discus and support Changing Desktop font size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Changing Desktop font size

Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings
    also the font used
    UPDATE: Never mind - found it

:)

Trust_No1, Jun 2, 2016

2. Desktop Font

My original question was how do I change my desktop font. The answer I received told me how I could change the SIZE of the existing desktop font. I replied to that response indicating that was not the question I had asked. I have not received a reply.
    So, let me try again. How do I change the FONT (not the size of the font) on my desktop? Asked another way, can I use a different font on my desktop and , if so, how can I select another font?

DennisOrzo, Jun 2, 2016
  3. calebnp Win User
    Decrease the font size in XAML apps

I am used to the default font size of UI elements from Windows 7 and the current size in desktop apps in Windows 10. Thus, the fonts in XAML apps is way too big and takes up most of my screen on my smaller laptop screen.

How can I decrease the font size in these apps?

All I can seem to find are ways to change the font size on desktop apps or to increase the font size in XAML apps.

calebnp, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

Changing Desktop font size

1. Changing Desktop font size - Similar Threads - Changing Desktop font

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  4. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  5. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  6. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  7. desktop font size

desktop font size: How can I increase the desktop font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font-size/8b9d2e07-fe6c-42e0-ba44-6cdf98e7f655
  8. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  9. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...