Windows 10: Changing display size

Discus and support Changing display size in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a PC running the latest (17th February, 2018) Windows 10. It uses my TV set as a monitor. The display is slightly too large for the screen area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ralphholmes, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Changing display size

I have a PC running the latest (17th February, 2018) Windows 10. It uses my TV set as a monitor. The display is slightly too large for the screen area so I can't see the edges. In the past, it has been possible to make small adjustments to the Windows 10 display so that the display will fit the screen area. I can no longer find this. Does it still exist and, if so, how may I gain access to it, please?

:)

ralphholmes, Feb 16, 2018

2. How to change Font Size at Window 10 of Lenovo 720 series.

How to change font size at window 10? I was studied all youtube and FQA, there was settings to change font size like advance display settings, change text size. But in my Lenovo ideapad 720S-14IKB window 10, don't have advance settings to change the font
    size. I was changed the size of text, apps and others item to 175%, the font size display is too small. There is any solution to change the font size.

Myat Nyein, Feb 16, 2018
  3. Blurry Fonts in Windows 10 - Community Suggestions Didn't Work

Hi

You can change fonts back to your preferred size by going to:

Settings-Display-Advanced display settings-Advanced sizing of text and other items-Change only the text size.

This will work

Hopelander, Feb 16, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Changing display size

This might not be relevant to your situation. Have you tried changing resolution ?

Settings > System > left side, Display > right side, Resolution.

davidhk, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Thank you for your reply.
    I had tried that, but it isn't what I want.
    What I would like to do is to change the dimensions of the display so that it fits inside the screen area. This used to be possible - I've done it before - you could change the height and width of the display separately. However, as with most computer-related things one does infrequently I can't remember how!

ralphholmes, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    A TV used as a monitor sometimes has overscan problems. That usually appears as a small cut off around all of the screen even if correct resolutions are chosen.
    You will have to go thru the TV settings for a PC input to the TV. They may use different wording depending on the manufacturer.
    On mine it goes something like Settings > System > Screen Settings > Display area > Full Pixel.
    So it's not obvious.

Sometimes it can be done with say a Graphics Control Panel, Nvidia/AMD.

Sometimes it helps to switch on in a particular order.

I favour the TV settings method so you don't mess with Graphics Card settings for other PC type of monitors.

Helmut, Feb 16, 2018
  7. Thank you for your reply.
    The connection from the PC to the television is via a HDMI cable, so the PC setting in the TV menu is not involved.
    What I would like to do is to alter the size of the display area: this has been possible in the (fairly recent) past.
    Does this capability still exist in the present (17th February, 2018) version of Windows 10?

ralphholmes, Feb 17, 2018
  8. davidhk Win User

Changing display size

I don't have much to offer. However, since you are using your TV as a monitor, I would suggest that .........
    you use the TV remote > open the Menu option > go to Picture > go to Display settings ................ find out if there is an option to turn your TV screen to FULL.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2018
  9. Thank you for your suggestion: there is no such option.
    What I would like to do is to alter the size of the display area in Windows: this has been possible in the (fairly recent) past.
    Does this capability still exist in the present (17th February, 2018) version of Windows 10?

ralphholmes, Feb 17, 2018
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Assuming you have Intel graphic,
    Go to Graphic properties (right click on desktop, or in taskbar) and select Display. Down on bottom find customize

Changing display size [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 17, 2018
  11. Thank you very much André: that has solved the problem.
    The latest Windows 10 had removed or otherwise disabled the AMD Graphics Controller software, so I had to install it again.

ralphholmes, Feb 18, 2018
  12. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs You're welcome. Glad it worked.

Didn't know which card you have, but these settings are very similar between them *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 18, 2018
  13. on1me2 Win User

Changing display size

ive been having the same problem with my flat screen tv for a while now. but in my display settings i dont have all those options as you can see.
    Changing display size [​IMG]
    so does anybody have any suggestions?

on1me2, Feb 18, 2018
  14. AndreTen Win User
    Hi on1me2 and welcome to Tenforums. Did a quick search and Intel tech on their site recommend turning off overscan, if it is set for display, changing resolution and try again.

This is strange resolution for TV. What is its native resolution?

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing display size

1. Changing display size - Similar Threads - Changing display size

2. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  3. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  4. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  5. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  6. changing the display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  7. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

changing the size of icons displayed on screen: my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-size-of-icons-displayed-on-screen/2d7ac97a-62d1-4e59-8c46-961d20f3356c
  8. change the font size for all display

change the font size for all display: Would someone please tell me how to increase the size of the font for displaying on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-size-for-all-display/d9409518-186e-4da3-8566-0bf0f0c24759
  9. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  10. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...