Windows 10: Changing DPI for all users

Discus and support Changing DPI for all users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to figure this out for what seems to be longest, and every method i've tried doesn't work out. We have a custom 6 screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wiile, Mar 26, 2017.

1. wiile Win User

Changing DPI for all users

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for what seems to be longest, and every method i've tried doesn't work out.

We have a custom 6 screen monitor that we use in the conference room. The PC itself has a Nvidia Quadro M4000 that connects 2 outputs to the display processor which splits the screens in half giving each a resolution of 2880x2160, 5760x2160 when stitched together with Nvidia Mosaic. The problem is, windows always gives a default DPI of 100% making it barely readable. Once you change the DPI to 200-250%, it's readable and the configuration for the DPI stays. Unfortunately, this means every user has to sign in, change the DPI, then sign out to use it.

I've tried setting the default user profile here: Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10 - Page 7 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials but whenever i install the Nvidia drivers, configure the Mosaic and reboot to OOBE the pc will constantly loop. I tried this before on a single monitor with another PC and it seems to set the default user profile just fine, i'm not sure if the Nvidia driver/configuration is breaking the default user profile.

My question is, is there a method to set default dpi for all users that sign in? Even if i have to pay for some sort of software to remedy this, i don't mind.

:)

wiile, Mar 26, 2017

2. windows 10 store wont open

Sorry but this generic answer of creating a new user etc never works. That is one of the first things I did.

I finally found my answer. I basically had to change my resolution to 100 dpi and delete all of the toher dpi versions 125, 150 etc and leave only the packages for windows store for the dpi 100 setting. Then I had to reregister the first store package then
    the next one so on ... until I reregistered all of them.

Then a final reboot gave me back the store app. Once I had the store app working I updated each app individually or uninstalled / reinstalled and got this working for one of the 3 users on my computer. Unfortunately it doesnot work on any of the other users
    but I finally gave up. Hopefully the anniversary update fixes it for every user.

This process of app reigstration is terrible. It all started because of a microsoft update.

MarkyMark930, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Can I change base DPI for DWM (Desktop window manager)

Hello,

I am suffering from the "well-known" blurry text problem in Windows 10 (I have 120 DPI display, so I am using 125% scaling and non-high DPI aware apps are blurry). I also use external monitor with 96 DPI, so I want to use per-DPI awarness (that's why I upgraded
    to Windows 10). When I set DPI globally to 120 DPI, all aps are nice and sharp and scaling doesn't work.

So I studied how does per display DPI works. It is handled by DWM (Desktop window manager) service. This service takes care of off-screen rendering and windows composition on the displays. When app is not DPI aware, it renders it using 96 DPI and scales
    it up. This is kinda bad behaviour for me - I'd like to apps be rendered at 120 DPI and scaled down if necessary., becouse I mainly work on the high DPI display and the downscaled image has much better quolity than the upscaled.

According to this piece of documentation (Desktop Window Manager (Windows)), it should be possible to change the default value of off-screen rendering DPI (there's an example where window is downscaled),
    however I didn't undestood, how to change it.

Could you help?

Or if the value is not user changable, where can I post Windows 1 feature request?

Jan Mrázek, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

Changing DPI for all users

1. Changing DPI for all users - Similar Threads - Changing DPI users

2. Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes: Hi, There are three users in our house using our Dell XPS 15 with extended monitor Dell U4320Q. Requirement:1 When I log in, I want my laptop to be my main display.2 When my son logs in, he wants the extended monitor to be his main display. Explanation of Problem:The above...
  3. dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  4. dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  5. dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Changing DPI in a photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing DPI in a photo: I need to change the DPI in a photo that I copied from a website (of my boss). I have submitted it to a publication, but they declined using it because the DPI was less than 300. What program could I use to fix that?...
  7. DPI changing with resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPI changing with resolution: For a long time I've used the same 1920 by 1080 resolution on my Windows PC. Recently however, I bought a new monitor which had a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I noticed that my cursor moved relatively slower after the switch, and I know that higher resolutions make your DPI...
  8. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

disable DPI scaling by default for all apps: I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it...
  9. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable DPI scaling by default for all apps: I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it...
  10. Icons disappear after DPI change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons disappear after DPI change.: I have a laptop with a 4K display and DPI scaling set to 250% (default), and whenever I change this to any other value and restart to fully apply it all of the icons on the desktop, taskbar, start menu, in folders and basically everywhere disappear (except for some windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 set dpi scaling all users

2. win 10 set dpi for all users