Windows 10: Changing Folder Sub-name?

Discus and support Changing Folder Sub-name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so I'm a bit of a neat freak? I like to keep things in the right places so I went ahead and created a folder called Software which will keep all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dimmizer, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Dimmizer Win User

Changing Folder Sub-name?

Ok so I'm a bit of a neat freak? I like to keep things in the right places so I went ahead and created a folder called Software which will keep all of my programs like AIDA64 or Precision X etc.. I was able to get it so that it would show under "This PC"

http://puu.sh/ptvgm/73cab9783b.png

Now when I go to Quick Access though all the default Windows folders say This PC but my Software folder says my name

http://puu.sh/ptvlO/32891de8bc.png

Anyone know how I can get it so it says This PC like the rest of them?

:)

Dimmizer, Jun 14, 2016
  2. freetox Win User

support code 0x80883001

Hi,

Do you mean sub-folders in Outlook mails ? And sub-folders of which parent directory ? Outlook folders and subfolders are exactly the same on the mobile device and the PCn
    except the "Archive Folders".

In fact when I send-receive mail there is an E-mail Rule that I recently created which automaticaly moves a certain category of mail directly in a sub-folder of the "Archive Folders"...

As these sub-folders are not in the Outlook Mobible device it could explain the error message.

Your explanation seems correct.

What should I do : delete the E-mail Rule ? Move the sub-folder from "Archive folders" to "Personal Folders" (and of course change my rule consequently) ?

Thanks again for your help and wiseness.

Rgds,

Stéphane

freetox, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Folder View

Using Windows 10 Pro.

I would like to be able to view sub-folders within a folder without having to actually click into the folder. So, instead of having to double-click on FOLDER 1 to see SUB-FOLDER 1-5, I would be able to see SUB-FOLDER 1-5 listed indented below FOLDER 1.

The view currently shows:

FOLDER 1

The view I would like to see is:

FOLDER 1

SUB-FOLDER 1

SUB-FOLDER 2

SUB-FOLDER 3

SUB-FOLDER 4

SUB-FOLDER 5

Greg Jacobs, Jun 14, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Can I have the names? I never click on external links such as puu.sh 'cause they often come with ad-problems for me *Smile

RolandJS, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Dimmizer Win User
    So if you go to your Quick Access you will notice Desktop, Downloads, Documents, but below that in gray text it says "This PC"

I added my Software Folder to the Quick Access but instead of it saying This PC it just says Steven, How would I go about making it say This PC as well..

Dimmizer, Jun 14, 2016
  6. Dimmizer Win User
    Anyone else got ideas?

Dimmizer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing Folder Sub-name? - Similar Threads - Changing Folder Sub

2. Folder and sub folder flag status and or changing the colour of the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and sub folder flag status and or changing the colour of the folder: Need to organise sub folders within main folder to identify current status of work for each item so items not missed or forgotten., perhaps using the Flag Status and or changing the colour of the folder.How do you edit the column details in a folder if you select....
  3. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  4. List sub folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    List sub folder names: Hi, I have a huge folder G:\Manga, in it are the subfolders, and I want to list only names of all subfolders within this folder G:\Manga to txt file how can I do this? Thanks! 168238
  5. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  6. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup: I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude subfolders with specific names?...
  7. Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder

Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder: Hi How can I customize the dates of folders so I can sort them by those dates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dates-of-sub-folders-within-a-folder/c5d8f607-ae28-4e89-85fb-1c16cf837cc0"
  8. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed: Clicking the File Explorer to get to the Quick Access screen, "Recent folders" is in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" is at the bottom. This is how I want my Quick Access folder to look all the time. However, when I go to other folders on my computer and want to...
  9. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...