Windows 10: Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

Discus and support Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vyrians, Feb 11, 2016.

1. vyrians Win User

Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

Good day.

I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen.

I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However, this option also changes the appearance of fonts in the directories/filenames, which is not what I want.

E.g. Labels on the desktop with size 12 and bold. Fonts in folders: size 9 and UNbolded (default style).

Anyone have a solution for this?

:)

vyrians, Feb 11, 2016

2. fonts

change font on icon labels on desktop

Terry D H Foster, Feb 11, 2016
  3. tkavan Win User
    Font question

Is there a way, in Windows 10, ver. 1709, to change the size and bold the fonts in dialogue boxes, tabs, icon labels, etc.?

tkavan, Feb 11, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi vyrians,

I found THIS thread that offers a couple of possible solutions.

5. vyrians Win User
    b1rd:

They all offer solutions that change font settings for both DESKTOP AND EXPLORER.

I just wish to apply the font styles for icons on the desktop only.

Anyone else know if this possible?

vyrians, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    I don't think so; not easily, anyway.
    The issue being that the desktop is the 'mainstage' of Explorer and is, in a manner of speaking, a folder in itself.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label - Similar Threads - Changing Font Size

2. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  3. Increase ICON label font size???????

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  4. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  5. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  6. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94
  7. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  8. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  9. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  10. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly: My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any...