Windows 10: changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

Discus and support changing hdd in laptop without losing os? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I want to upgrade my laptop with an ssd, but i don't want to lose my windows installation because I am using the windows 10 upgrade and if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fire fly, Jul 16, 2018.

1. fire fly Win User

changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

Hi

I want to upgrade my laptop with an ssd, but i don't want to lose my windows installation because I am using the windows 10 upgrade and if I reinstall windows it will downgrade me to my original windows 7

Is there a way to transfer the entire current hdd to a new ssd, for example could I just copy the entire drive onto another computer and then transfer it again to the ssd, would that work or is there another way?

Thanks

:)

fire fly, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 16, 2018
  4. changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

little cat, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

1. changing hdd in laptop without losing os? - Similar Threads - changing hdd laptop

2. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  3. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  4. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Change of OS on a replaced HDD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of OS on a replaced HDD.: Sir, I have lost my OS which was OEM windows 8. due to replacement of the failed HDD. Now I am no more interested in Windows 8, rather prefer to have windows 10. Kindly let me know if I can get it free of cost or collect a OEM product key from the market and install it....
  6. Upgrade PC without losing my HDD data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade PC without losing my HDD data: Hi! I've bought all the components for my new PC but I want to keep the things that I already have in my hard drive disk. Between the new components, there is an M.2 of 250 Gb and I want to install the operating system there. I've heard about making partitions of my HDD and...
  7. Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.: Can I migrate/fresh install Windows in my nvme SSD without losing data in my hdd. 1tb hdd is almost full and it isn't partitioned (was a bit lazy for that). It's laptop. submitted by /u/physicar [link] [comments]...
  8. Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS: Hello, I want to completely wipe my HDD clean without removing my Windows 10 from it. Is there a way to do this? As I have lost my disc for windows and do not want to buy another copy of it. Thanks submitted by /u/AlexRichh [link] [comments]...
  9. Change account without losing settings and programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account without losing settings and programs: I bought a new laptop. My ‘old’ one, I will give to my sister. We just want to change the login (her name, email, password), but keep all the programs and settings already installed on the current account. How can we keep everything and just change the user? Thank you in...
  10. changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing hdd in laptop without losing os?: Hi I want to upgrade my laptop with an ssd, but i don't want to lose my windows installation because I am using the windows 10 upgrade and if I reinstall windows it will downgrade me to my original windows 7 Is there a way to transfer the entire current hdd to a new ssd,...