Windows 10: Changing icons on files stored on USB

Discus and support Changing icons on files stored on USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a set of files which will be copied to hundreds of flashdrives. I need to permanently change the icons on the original/master files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kkorotev, Jul 27, 2018.

1. kkorotev Win User

Changing icons on files stored on USB

I have a set of files which will be copied to hundreds of flashdrives. I need to permanently change the icons on the original/master files, guaranteeing they'll look identical on each flashdrive.
    The answer has to be contained on the original flash drive which becomes the MASTER for the rest.
    Make sense?
    Do-able?

Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Jul 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 27, 2018
  3. I Can't Change My File's Icons

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• The file’s icon which you are trying to change, is that file open? If yes, please close the file and check.

Please mention the steps you tried, to change the file’s icon.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Changing icons on files stored on USB

How to change file icon?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the icon of the file.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps:

1) Right click on folder and select properties.

2) Go to customize tab and click on change icon and check which icon you want to select.

3) Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Changing icons on files stored on USB

1. Changing icons on files stored on USB - Similar Threads - Changing icons files

2. Changing the icons of an app such as file explorer & windows store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the icons of an app such as file explorer & windows store apps: I was wondering if it is possible at all to change the icons of certain apps that do not have explicit shortcuts inside the file explorer such as windows apps. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advanced! submitted by /u/brycesha [link] [comments]...
  3. Files changed their icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files changed their icons: I don't really know how to ask this question but something changed and I am not sure how to get it back. I have a lot of svg files because I have a Cricut and that uses that type of file. In my Cricut Design space folder in explorer I have them broken down into different...
  4. Changing icon of file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing icon of file: On windows 10. J an trying to changes the file folder icon to a different one. Ive went through properties, customize, but then there is no change icon button there. please help...
  5. File Explorer- USB Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer- USB Icon: When I view a USB drive icon in file explorer it shows a red bar indicating data on the drive where the other drives show a light blue. The drive has 1.74 GB of open space on a 32 GB drive. The drive seems to function correctly and I've scanned it for viruses and there...
  6. changing file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing file icons: Hello, i was cleaning out a folder today sims 4 and i accidently opened the package file in notepad and it changed all my files and icons to a notepad please how do i fix this? ive tried restoring to previous window settings but it never worked, heres a photo for referance,...
  7. USB icon change for no reason

USB icon change for no reason: Hello, I want to know why my USB drive and SD card icon change for no reason on two computer, one with windows 10 Pro (1903) and the other on windows 10 Entreprise (1903) and a way to fix it if is possible. This is before: [ATTACH] and this is now: [ATTACH]...
  8. USB Icon Auto Change

USB Icon Auto Change: Hi, just now when I start using my laptop, I notice that the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" the icon change from USB to Hub/Server icon. Here are the examples:[IMG] When USB Thumb drive plugin [ATTACH] Before Icon on the USB Drive (D:) [ATTACH] After...
  9. Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB: I am adding files to a master USB Flashdrive. I want to embed new icons into these files. (Not a properties change) I will clone/copy the master onto hundreds of flashdrives and the icons should be identical (or my instructions, "Look for X icon..." will not work). The answer...
  10. Changing Windows Store Apps icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows Store Apps icons: Hey folks, anybody knows, if it is currently possible to change the icons of the Apps from the Windows Store in the Windows Start Menu? Not talking about the ordinary shortcuts in the Start menu folders.. Maybe some tool like ResHacker exists? Thanks in advance....