Windows 10: Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

Discus and support Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 11, 2018.

1. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition.

I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess.

As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't seem to like it very much. The first thing that happened when I changed it was the system froze up. And even after it was complete, I don't know what the possible after effects are.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

1. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations. - Similar Threads - Changing Indexing Contacts

2. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  3. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  4. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  5. Change Selected Indexed Locations

Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  6. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  7. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  8. Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexed Locations: Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help [ATTACH]...
  9. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...
  10. Change Search Index Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Index Location in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Index Location in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Search Index in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and...