Windows 10: Changing Intel Graphics Power Plan through registry

Discus and support Changing Intel Graphics Power Plan through registry in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Any body know the registry keys to change both Intel Graphics Power Plans (Plugged In & On Battery) to maximum performance through registry ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Changing Intel Graphics Power Plan through registry

Any body know the registry keys to change both Intel Graphics Power Plans (Plugged In & On Battery) to maximum performance through registry ?

I recently upgraded an old Windows 7 GMA laptop to Windows 10 to benefit from free upgrade before it terminates in December , problem is GMA driver of both Microsoft and Mods (Since Intel didn't bother making one) have GfxUI.exe either stripped off or blocked from running by windows so I have been googling how to apply optimized settings through registry directly , succeeded with 3D settings but not Power (Which actually make all the difference) .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 15, 2017

2. Screen flickers when battery low

This started happening to my laptop a few weeks ago. Checked a multitude of solutions online, and finally one managed to fix it. It just involves changing your battery plan in the Intel Graphic Settings.

Right click on your desktop and go to Intel Graphics Settings. Go to Power then to On Battery. Change the Graphics Power Plan to Balanced.

Somehow, in my laptop's control panel, I already had it at Balanced, but at this Intel setting it was set to Maximum Performance. I'm guessing it had to do with the consistency of it. So if you have Maximum Performance on your Control Panel, maybe check
    if the Intel Settings is as well? Hope this helps!

Pierre Macalino, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Brightness automatically changes in Windows 10

Hello Pam,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

In this scenario, for us to be able to understand the issue better, let us know the make and model of the desktop you are using.

Also, do you have any active Power plan you have set in Windows?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to
    disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows).

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off

Next, if you’re sure that the adaptive brightness or auto brightness is disabled on your PC, then it could be because your PC using Intel HD graphics, and the Intel power saver technology is trying to save some power by
    automatically decreasing backlight intensity.

Note: You need to refer to the manufacturer provided manual for more information on how to access Intel Graphics Panel and its properties.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 15, 2017
Thema:

Changing Intel Graphics Power Plan through registry

1. Changing Intel Graphics Power Plan through registry - Similar Threads - Changing Intel Graphics

2. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  3. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  4. Automatic Change Of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change Of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  5. Can't Change the Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Change the Power Plan: Hi, as seen in the two pictures below, I can't change the current power settings, as the apply button is always grayed out. I tried it by uninstalling the chipset drivers' power plan, I can't make changes between windows settings either. After certain research I also reset...
  6. Can't Change the Power Plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change the Power Plan: Hi, as seen in the two pictures below, I can't change the current power settings, as the apply button is always grayed out. I tried it by uninstalling the chipset drivers' power plan, I can't make changes between windows settings either. After certain research I also reset...
  7. Can't Change the Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing power plans on the go

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing power plans on the go: [ATTACH] I recently found out I can use power plans. I have a custom high performance plan. Is there any way I can make my laptop switch from High Performance to Balanced when unplugged, and back to High Performance when plugged in again?...
  9. Power plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power plan keeps changing: So this has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but it was tolerable. I was just playing Hades (with the best build I ever had, right before the boss I could never beat) and Windows decided that the "Balanced" power plan would replaced my "High Performance" plan that I...
  10. power plan is changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel graphics power plan

2. intel graphics registry settings

3. add intel graphics in windows power plan

4. changing graphics cards in registry,
  5. intel gpu registry tweaks,
  6. intel graphics power settings registry,
  7. intel power plan registry,
  8. GfxUi power plan missing