Windows 10: Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP

Discus and support Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change an SMTP Internet standard for electronic mail to POP standard in my email Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacob Roach, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP

I want to change an SMTP Internet standard for electronic mail to POP standard in my email Windows 10

:)

Jacob Roach, Aug 3, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Cannot add secondary email.

Hi ICIT2LOL

Here is a link to Telstra setup instructions. I checked out a few. One on Outlook.com is wrong, it is telling you how to set up Outlook the program that comes with Office.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/c...l-email-set-up

I would use the instructions under IMAP, POP and SMTP information for manual setup. I copied the IMAP settings

IMAP, POP and SMTP information for manual email setup

Telstra Mail (new) email settings - IMAP

If you are a new customer who has taken up a broadband service with Telstra on or after 21st April 2016, or you have been notified by Telstra that your email address has been moved to the new Telstra MailTM, the below settings for manual email setup will apply to you.
    Telstra Mail recommends using IMAP however POP is available to use as alternate preference to IMAP. It’s a good idea to back up your email data before changing your email settings.

What is the difference between IMAP & POP?

IMAP and POP are two different protocols (methods) used to access email. Of the two, IMAP is the recommended option when you need to check your emails from multiple devices as IMAP always syncs with Telstra email servers.
    Please note, IMAP is only available for customers using the new Telstra Mail platform
    A good example of the difference is when you read your emails. If you’re using IMAP and mark an email as “read”, it also gets marked as read in all of your other inboxes. This won’t happen with POP as emails are downloaded to your specific computer or device and any changes you make on that device won’t be reflected in the Telstra servers and across other devices or computers.
    If you’re switching from using POP to IMAP you’ll need to be mindful that any folders set up with POP will be lost when you change to IMAP. To keep these folders, we recommend logging into Webmail and re-creating them before transferring.

IMAP settings for Telstra Mail™

IMAP is the recommended setting for Telstra Mail customers
    Account type

• Account type: IMAP
    Incoming server details

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
    • Incoming server port: 993
    • Encrypted connection: SSL
    Outgoing server details

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
    • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
    • SMTP authentication: On
    • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587
    Username & Password

• Enter your full email address (ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’)
    • Enter your Telstra email account password (case sensitive)
    Other settings to check

• Ensure the checkbox is ticked for ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’.

They also have settings for directly using their portal on the Web.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP

Changing SMTP Port

I have not been able to resolve this issue.

To confirm, I understand that I need to use the following entry to 'port' my SMTP to 6025 -

smtp-8.luxsci.com:6025

I get the following error when sending a test message with the above SMTP entry:

This message 'test' was not sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder. The server returned the following error message:

550 5.71 <destination email address listed here> (sender email listed here) is not allowed to send outbound email using this port. Try port 6025 (insecure or TLS) or 6465 (SSL).

I have tried both 6025 without SSL and 6465 with SSL - I get this reply in both cases.

Thanks!

kellcats521, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP

1. Changing internet standards for emailing from SMTP to POP - Similar Threads - Changing internet standards

2. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  3. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  4. Not receiving from SMTP mailbox

Not receiving from SMTP mailbox: I am trying to add an SMTP account to the Inbox app. Inbox added the account but isn't receiving any email from the account I verified on another machine that the account does in fact have new mail in it. The account settings offers no way to change the settings. [ATTACH]...
  5. Outlook365 is no longer sending emails, error 0x800CCC1A and SMTP box repeatedly pops up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook365 is no longer sending emails, error 0x800CCC1A and SMTP box repeatedly pops up...: I'm using Windows 10, I did a Windows Update on 13/01/2021 and the emails sent okay on 14/01/2021 but since then have been unable to send mails from Outlook, for my POP3 personal gmail address, so I'm unsure if its related to the latest update or not. I don't like IMAP so...
  6. Viewing all SMTP and POP settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Viewing all SMTP and POP settings: In older versions of office I used to be able to see in detail all the settings for my email accounts. How do I see them now that Microsoft has replaced these more useful dialogues (in my opinion) with a noddy windows 10 dialogue which won't frighten anyone but has nothing on...
  7. Internet email pop-up box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet email pop-up box: After buying a new iPhone I can no longer receive emails on my PC. I get a pop-up box that wants my user name and password for the pop.gmail.com server. I do not remember what the user name or password are and there are no prompts to recover them. I bought the 365 suite and...
  8. Cannot send smtp emails from any program (error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from any program (error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problems sending emails; in short, while I can receive emails I cannot send them from any email account that I own. I have tried various gmail accounts, 2 uni accounts (one of which is managed by google), and a windows live account and only the live account...
  9. Administrator status Change from Standard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator status Change from Standard: I have been using Windows 10 since accepting the free upgrade from Windows 7. However due to a system crash caused by use of unauthorised software requiring the system to be rebuilt using only authorised software packets I discovered that my Administrator status was set at...
  10. Playing standard midi files from the internet.

Playing standard midi files from the internet.: To play standard midi files from the internet to my Roland keyboard I use the Van Basco Karaoke programme via midi leads.For some reason when I click on a midi file,instead of the Van Basco programme,the VLC media player appears in the centre of the sceen and does...