Windows 10: Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

Discus and support Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of the keys on my keyboard broke (over zealous cleaning), so I bought a replacement keyboard after googling how to replace it. It really is dead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cereberus, Sep 6, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

One of the keys on my keyboard broke (over zealous cleaning), so I bought a replacement keyboard after googling how to replace it.

It really is dead simple

1) remove back cover (three screws)

2) remove fan (three screws plus connector)

3) remove three keyboard screws

Open lid of pc, and push keyboard up from underneath where it is seen from fan area

4) Flip cable connector holder, and remove pc

Reverse actions to put in new keyboard

Took less than 10 minutes.

Really impressed with lenovo design. When I did similar on my Sony laptop, I had to take whole thing apart which was a major exercise. Even my old acer laptop took some doing.

:)

cereberus, Sep 6, 2017

2. CD/DVD Drive not initialized

Will look at this tomorrow as getting late here.

Also have noted that on the Lenovo UK support site they have an AMD storage driver applicable to the Levovo laptop with the problem (from July 2014).

Do you think I should use this or the AMD site driver above (the Lenovo driver is described as "Storage - AMD (VGA, HD-Audio, SATA) for Windows 7 (32 Bit, 64 Bit) - Lenovo Z40-75, Lenovo Z50-75" (the Laptop in question is a Lenovo Z50-75 with AMD chipset)?

RichardJClegg, Sep 6, 2017
  3. CD/DVD Drive not initialized

Thank you so much, this solved my problem with the Lenovo Z50-75.

Ognjen Marković, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

Swapped the spinner drive for an SSD on my wife's Acer, PITA to say the least. Hard drive was mounted on top of the motherboard. Had to remove the bottom cover, then the top cover, keyboard and track pad etc. Not fun.

alphanumeric, Sep 6, 2017
Thema:

Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

1. Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75 - Similar Threads - Changing keyboard Lenovo

2. Battery stuck at 75%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stuck at 75%: My Dell Latitude 7490 when charging gets stuck at 75% im on Windows 11 and this laptop does not support smart charging how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-stuck-at-75/6febaf1c-6103-4b75-9260-a93cb020ca3c
  3. lenovo keyboard manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lenovo keyboard manager not opening: my lenovo keyboard manager is not opening. i want to change the functionality of function key.when i click the lenovo keyboard manger it shows flick and than exits and nothing happens.also i got a icon on task manager stating 'Fn. and green in colour.please tell me how to...
  4. Lenovo Z50 keeps shutting down since the new update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Z50 keeps shutting down since the new update: I think there was a new update or something because the background to my lock screen changed. Plus it also mentioned that it indeed updated. Anyways, ever since it updated, every time i close the lid to my Lenovo Z50 laptop, it shuts down. Now, i check my settings, and it...
  5. Lenovo Yoga Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga Keyboard: My new computer keyboard is not lighting up. Is there anything I can do to get it to come on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-keyboard/87327186-bd96-46fa-8a3d-d29139942ea6
  6. My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70

My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70: Hi im searching for help. Im using Windows 10 with my lenovo z50 70.I've buyed new ssd harddrive and i installed windows on it and put my old hdd in a caddy.Evwrithing its fine with the new ssd but i have issues with the old one. When i start my laptop with charger my 2nd...
  7. Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers

Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers: I just clean installed my Windows and started searching for my laptop drivers. I own a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. When I entered the support site I noticed 3 "versions" of my laptop. Z50-70: Error Z50-70 - type 20354: Error Z50-70 - type 80E7: Error As I checked,...
  8. Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70

Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70: So I set the boot mode due to whateve reason to Legacy Mode (due to dual boot with Linux I think). Now I tried to set it back to UEFI. But this is what I got: (HDD is working if I swtich to Legacy Mode) 72202
  9. Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70: So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager (seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop)). later, it "died" temporarily (as in,...
  10. Lenovo Z50-75 "No detect PLDS DVD-RW DA8A6SH"

Lenovo Z50-75 "No detect PLDS DVD-RW DA8A6SH": My Laptop Lenovo Z50-75 can not detection DVD-RW "PLDS DA8A6SH" on Windows 10. *Busted Anyone same problem and have a solution ? Please help & share...*Confused [img] [img] [img] Thanks, Chan 26287

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i remove a keyboard from a lenovo z50-70 laptop.