Windows 10: Changing Language Not possible

Discus and support Changing Language Not possible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_907, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Alex_907 Win User

Changing Language Not possible

Hi,

I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my display language automatically changed to German and it's not possible to change it back to English. I go to languages in settings and change it to English but nothing happens and later when I go back to the settings German remains selected.

What do I do about this, it's really frustrating. I tried Windows Virtual Agent but the guys that tried to help me couldn't change it as well.

What do I do about this?

Thanks

:)

Alex_907, Aug 25, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 25, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Changing Language Not possible

lorraine walsh, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Changing Language Not possible

1. Changing Language Not possible - Similar Threads - Changing Language possible

2. Is it possible to change the cursor indicator color depending on the input language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the cursor indicator color depending on the input language?: I would love even pay if there was an app for it to change the text cursor color depending on the selected input language. I am using both English & Persian a lot of time and continually interchange between them. Most of the times I start typing the first words really fast...
  3. Is it possible to change the cursor indicator color depending on the input language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the cursor indicator color depending on the input language?: I would love even pay if there was an app for it to change the text cursor color depending on the selected input language. I am using both English & Persian a lot of time and continually interchange between them. Most of the times I start typing the first words really fast...
  4. Is it possible to change the cursor indicator color depending on the input language?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. In-Place Upgrade via ISO language change possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-Place Upgrade via ISO language change possible?: I want to perform an in-place upgrade using the there it says "You'll need to choose the same language when you install Windows. " Ther problem is I don't remember if it was "Spanish Mexico" or simply "Spanish". Does anything happen if you install the incorect language?...
  6. In-Place Upgrade via ISO language change possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-Place Upgrade via ISO language change possible?: I want to perform an in-place upgrade using the there it says "You'll need to choose the same language when you install Windows. " Ther problem is I don't remember if it was "Spanish Mexico" or simply "Spanish". Does anything happen if you install the incorect language?...
  7. Is it possible to create a language pack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create a language pack?: I know it sounds stupid, but I would like to write in Minecraft Enchanting Table (Standard Galactic Alphabet) or even my custom language, but without using a custom font (like with Japanese, Arabic, Greek or Chinese). Is it possible? submitted by /u/ThatOneAlphaPigeon...
  8. Is it possible to change an OEM/Single Language Windows 10 Installation into a Home...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change an OEM/Single Language Windows 10 Installation into a Home...: Same as title, asking because I don't enjoy using Windows 10 in Portuguese (language it came installed with on my laptop after I sent it over to repairs) but I still plan on sharing this laptop with someone that doesn't know much English, but don't want to shell out the money...
  9. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?: I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background. Is there any way to change this? It's annoying...
  10. Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home: Like the title says, is it possible to change the language in the Home version of Windows 10? My computer was purchased in Korea and its native language is Korean. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium K (SP1). If I upgrade, can I change the language? I have found A TON of...