Windows 10: Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this"

Discus and support Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a new laptop that is in another language but I want to use it in English. During the set up they let you choose the language and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdp, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SDP
    sdp Win User

Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this"

Hello,

I bought a new laptop that is in another language but I want to use it in English. During the set up they let you choose the language and whatnot but this didn't change anything besides the keyboard. Once W10 was installed I I went into settings and control panel and changed the settings there, I can install English as my language but the button that says "make as default language" cannot be pressed. In Control Panel I am able to get the message "This version of Windows doesn't support another language".

I find it odd how something so simple is so hard to do. I looked up online but all I see is how to do the steps I already tried which didn't help me. I only found a similar case about someone with a Portuguese PC but apparently that wasn't solved either, the only new information is that apparently he has a "single language version of Windows" which I guess is what I have? Any help would be appreciated as the language change means I can't really use the settings on the PC since everything has a different name, even browsing simple menus like control panel just take longer.

:)

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Mar 22, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Mar 22, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

you have to completely reinstall an English Single Language version.

cereberus, Mar 22, 2017
  5. SDP
    sdp Win User
    It's a PC that doesn't include an install disc, how would I go my way to do that?

Thema:

1. Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this" - Similar Threads - Changing language version

2. Console language change frequently doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Console language change frequently doesn't work: I have installed 2 languages in my Windows 11 and I frequently switch between them with the ALT-SHIFT key combination.Sometimes when I open a console/command prompt window the language change doesn't work though.Pressing ALT-SHIFT does nothing, and I cannot switch the...
  3. Console language change frequently doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Console language change frequently doesn't work: I have installed 2 languages in my Windows 11 and I frequently switch between them with the ALT-SHIFT key combination.Sometimes when I open a console/command prompt window the language change doesn't work though.Pressing ALT-SHIFT does nothing, and I cannot switch the...
  4. Changing Display Language with Windows only supporting one language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Display Language with Windows only supporting one language: Hello, it's my first time reaching out on the Windows Forums but I couldn't really contact Microsoft support since it said I was logged into a school/work account. Going back to the problem, as far as I can remember, my Windows display language suddenly turned Korean after...
  5. Changing Display Language with Windows only supporting one language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Display Language with Windows only supporting one language: Hello, it's my first time reaching out on the Windows Forums but I couldn't really contact Microsoft support since it said I was logged into a school/work account. Going back to the problem, as far as I can remember, my Windows display language suddenly turned Korean after...
  6. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages: Hi. I'm trying to set up spellcheck and input methods for extra languages. Seems like spellcheck is not supported for extra languages, which is weird, I could swear that used to work in the past. Any hints will be appreciated.[ATTACH]...
  8. Win10 display language doesn't change

Win10 display language doesn't change: Hi, I have Windows 10 Corporate 20H2 and I can't change default system language. It's Russian by default and remains the same even after downloading and installing English language pack. Sure, I rebooted the PC - nothing changes. I experience it for a week, so it is...
  9. Docker For Windows : The 'from' Keyword is not supported in this version of language

Docker For Windows : The 'from' Keyword is not supported in this version of language: While i am running following command in powershell in windows server 2016 : FROM microsoft/windowsservercore RUN dism /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:iis-webserver /NoRestart. I am getting “The ‘from’ Keyword is not supported in this version of language” error. I...
  10. Windows doesn't change the user language interface

Windows doesn't change the user language interface: I would like to fully change the language of my computer to English (US). I have already changed the region, time, keyboard etc.. everything to English (US) and for some reason Spanish (Spain) keeps being the system language. I've tried different solutions but none have...