Windows 10: Changing library location changes all other libraries

Discus and support Changing library location changes all other libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by errorproxy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Changing library location changes all other libraries

My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change.

:)

errorproxy, Jun 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 Library Anomaly!!!!! Very annoying!!!

umm no as I stated before These libraries are under "This PC" not under "Libraries" they are the system folders (aka library locations)of the actual libraries you are talking about. HOWEVER!, these library locations cannot be deleted and when I modify one,
    the other is modified as well and If I change their optimization, the other changes as well. The two also mirror their target location and acquire the same files in the same place. They do not make copies of each other's files they mirror each other. Therefore
    it is similar to having two doors (both picture library locations) to the same room (My 2nd harddrive) RIGHT NEXT to each other. My problem is that I DONT WANT a second door and neither do I want to paint it to match the walls and pretend its not there!!
    I want it removed.

DarkHunter1412, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Change library location by cmd

Hi,

For us to narrow it down and provide you the proper resolution, please answer the following questions:

• Do you want to change the default save locations for your library or files?
    • Do you really want to include or use the command prompt in doing this?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Try the Reset Defaults button on the property page of the library
    You'll have to reconstruct the library to include the folders you want in it.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Changing library location changes all other libraries

1. Changing library location changes all other libraries - Similar Threads - Changing library location

2. Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location: I have moved everything from the Pictures folder in C:\Users\Owner to a Pictures folder on my E drive. I want to change the location on the Quick Access and This PC menus to the new location. I don't have to move any files or folders. Running Win 10 Pro up to date. 171504
  3. Libraries Properties Change Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries Properties Change Icon: How can I have the 'Change Library Icon' in this dialogue to be 'active'? : . 169477
  4. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?: Hi, I have mapped a SharePoint library to Quick Access in Windows Explorer. SharePoint sync is not permitted in my company, and this is a workaround. However, when you right click the and bring up the properties of the mapped library in Quick access, you can change the...
  5. Default Library location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  6. Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?: Hi! I have built a new computer and am preparing to install Windows 10 Pro on it. My prior habit has been to move all library folders (\Users\MrHirsute\Documents, for example) to a secondary drive (D:\Users\[Username], for example) to reduce use of the system SSD by data...
  7. Changing Default Library Icons?

Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...
  8. Redirecting location of libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirecting location of libraries: I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that. 90134
  9. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  10. Change Library Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Library Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Library Icon in Windows 10 How to Change Icon of a Library in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be included in a...