Windows 10: Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

Discus and support Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello. Recently, a friend of mine, wholly novice where considering the idea of the main focus of my post here (main subject heading), and, if with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardMann, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

hello.

Recently, a friend of mine, wholly novice where considering the idea of the main focus of my post here (main subject heading), and, if with a tad bit of coaching from me, tried to connect her "Brother" (brand) low-end priced InkJet Printer, wirelessly, to her HP Laptop, running Windows 10.

And got the following "error message" "Solution". ...

— Certainly "greek" to her.

And if also certainly, somewhat unclear to me.

WLAN report
    Connection failed.
    *** Solution***
    The Security Information (SSID/Network Key) is incorrect.
    Reconfirm the SSID and security information (Network Key).
    - How to confirm wireless security information (SSID/authentication method/
    encryption method/Network Key).

1) The Default security settings may be provided on a label attached to the WLAN access point/router. Or the manufacturer's name or model no. of the WLAN access point/router may be used as the default security settings.

2) See the documentation provided with your WLAN access point/router for information on how to find the security settings.

* If WLAN access point/router is set to not broadcast the SSID, the SSID will not automatically be detected. You will have to manually enter the SSID name.

* The Network key may also be described as the Password, Security Key or Encryption Key.
    If you do not know the SSID and wireless security settings of your WLAN access point/router or how to change the configuration, see the documentation provided with your WLAN access point/router, as the manufacturer of your access point/router or ask to your Internet provider or network administrator. (Message end.)

.. Unclear to myself more, if more only because I'm a "Macintosh User". .... And with this, when it comes to the idea changing of the main "Network" / "Wireless" / "Internet Sharing" inputs ("SSID", I understand, main Network ID, and "Network Key", "password".) I'm not familiar quite, enough, with "Windows / PC" to be able to locate and change these "Settings".

.... Any help here perhaps, before I perhaps delineate further.?

— Appreciate your time.

:)

RichardMann, Sep 19, 2016

2. Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

hello.

Recently, a friend of mine, wholly novice where considering the idea of the main focus of my post here (main subject heading), and, if with a tad bit of coaching from me, tried to connect her "Brother" (brand) low-end priced InkJet Printer, wirelessly, to
    her HP Laptop, running Windows 10.

And got the following "error message" "Solution". ...

— Certainly "greek" to her.

And if also certainly, somewhat unclear to me.

WLAN report

Connection failed.

*** Solution***

The Security Information (SSID/Network Key) is incorrect.

Reconfirm the SSID and security information (Network Key).

- How to confirm wireless security information (SSID/authentication method/

encryption method/Network Key).

1) The Default security settings may be provided on a label attached to the WLAN access point/router. Or the manufacturer's name or model no. of the WLAN access point/router may be used as the default security settings.

2) See the documentation provided with your WLAN access point/router for information on how to find the security settings.

* If WLAN access point/router is set to not broadcast the SSID, the SSID will not automatically be detected. You will have to manually enter the SSID name.

* The Network key may also be described as the Password, Security Key or Encryption Key.

If you do not know the SSID and wireless security settings of your WLAN access point/router or how to change the configuration, see the documentation provided with your WLAN access point/router, as the manufacturer of your access point/router or ask to your
    Internet provider or network administrator. (Message end.)

.. Unclear to myself more, if more only because I'm a "Macintosh User". .... And with this, when it comes to the idea changing of the main "Network" / "Wireless" / "Internet Sharing" inputs ("SSID", I understand, main Network ID, and "Network Key", "password".)
    I'm not familiar quite, enough, with "Windows / PC" to be able to locate and change these "Settings".

.... Any help here perhaps, before I perhaps delineate further.

— Appreciate your time.

RichardMann58, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

.. "Community" response to this my question posed here above, certainly more than little weak.

— Anybody here, got anything for me regarding what I've ask here.?

RichardMann58, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

Welcome to the forum it's simple enough to connect via wifi it needs a password and the wrong one is being entered

Samuria, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Thanks Samuria, ... Pretty much what I'd expected. ..

.. What I need to know otherwise—and connected to my being mainly a Macintosh User more—is just where and how to go about changing what's currently showing up as each, to something other. ... This, on the main Laptop, sending the signal. Again here, an Hewlett Packard model, running Windows 10 (64bit).

— And again here, Appreciate your time.

RichardMann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit

1. Changing Main Network ID inputs .. Windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - Changing Main Network

2. network id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network id: How can I get the Network ID to change from Business to Personal.Every time I try to change it nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9ecc3631-6090-4715-a27b-5ee2d24ad950
  3. network id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network id: How can I get the Network ID to change from Business to Personal.Every time I try to change it nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9ecc3631-6090-4715-a27b-5ee2d24ad950
  4. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network: So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an...
  5. changing font in windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing font in windows 10 64bit: how to change this font … please[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-in-windows-10-64bit/0c84621f-869b-4801-8791-6ee748cebbd6
  6. To change window 10 (32bit) to 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To change window 10 (32bit) to 64bit: My flash drive is ready with window 10(64bit) but can not able to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/to-change-window-10-32bit-to-64bit/c8188dbf-6f5d-4ab1-95b0-a37f3d48b1fa
  7. To change window 10 (32bit) to 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To change window 10 (32bit) to 64bit: what should I do to upgrade my PC window 10 32 bit to 64 bit my system 64 based processor . Kindly guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/to-change-window-10-32bit-to-64bit/873843fe-1bed-453d-842d-51ea2b70676b
  8. Can't change Network ID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change Network ID: Hi there, Whenever I change my computer to home computer and reboot, it reverts back to it being a part of a business network. How do I fix this? 84255
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Machine ID

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Machine ID: Hi there ! I'm user of windows 10 Pro 64bit. I have version 1607 , OS build 14393.447. I'm using this system/computer for producing music. So, there are various VST instruments installed. One program/instrument requires, when i load it, activation keys and machine...
  10. Change Main Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Main Display in Windows 10: How to: Change Main Display in Windows 10 How to Set a Display as Main Display in Windows 10 If you have two or more displays connected to your PC, then you will be able to select which display you want as the main display for all users by default. The display set...