Windows 10: Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

Discus and support Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tom27w, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tom27w Win User

Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

Hi,
    How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos.
    Thank in advance *Smile

:)

tom27w, Dec 17, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

change .jpg files to .jpeg files

JPG vs. JPEG image formats

JPG vs. JPEG image formats

Linney, Dec 17, 2015
  3. change .jpg files to .jpeg files

A .jpg and .jpeg are the same file format. The only reason there are two different suffixes is because when they first came out some programs producing these files used the .jpg and others used .jpeg.

Paint uses the .jpg when it saves a JPEG file.

You can rename them to .jpeg if you like.

A_User_Here, Dec 17, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

.file is NOT a file extension.

If you see that, it means the files do not have correct file extension. That is why you see a "white" file icon.
    Seems to me that you made a mistake when you selected the Save As Type when you saved those files.

davidhk, Dec 17, 2015
  5. tom27w Win User
    I want to make all of the files like the first one all in one go though

Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg' [​IMG]

tom27w, Dec 17, 2015
  6. Bongo Win User
  7. allend66 Win User
    Have a look at the advanced renaming function in FileMenu tools...

allend66, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Bongo Win User

Shift + right click in an empty spot in the folder (Windows explorer) click on Open command window here.

Then copy and paste this in the command prompt and hit enter it will change all the extensions.
    ren *.file *.jpg

Jerry

Bongo, Dec 17, 2015
  9. tom27w Win User
    Thanks for the reply
    but it comes up with
    ​The system cannot find the file specified.

tom27w, Dec 21, 2015
  10. Bongo Win User
    Are you doing it in the folder with the .file ?

Try Download - Bulk Rename Utility look at screen shot(highlights in red), navigate to the folder and select all put .jpg in box and hit rename .

Jerry

Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg' [​IMG]

Bongo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg' - Similar Threads - Changing multiple files

2. jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  3. jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  4. jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  5. icon for .jpg files has changed.

icon for .jpg files has changed.: Sometime in the last week or so the icon for my .jpg files has changed. The files still open with the correct application. I have done a system restore from a point that was created 3 week ago but there was no change. The attached pics show the current icons and the second is...
  6. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  7. .jpg files

.jpg files: Need access to my .jpg files from a trip in 2011 Cannot even see .jpg files on flash drive I saved to or with PPoint files I created Using Windows 10 How do I gain access to these pictures?? Deadline today...please let me know ASAP Thanks for your help with this...
  8. jpg file icon changed

jpg file icon changed: My jpg file icons, and others, have all changed to have a double arrow fast forward in the lower left hand corner of the icon. This double arrow also appears on the "view extra large icons" setting. This double arrow also occurs on word and pdf files. Something that just...
  9. jpg files

jpg files: How do I find a list of ALL jpg files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f29ff852-90b7-44c2-8b80-3e54545bb296"
  10. jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg files: Hi , I have a folder which shows the photo icons on a number of files with strings of numbers and occasional letters ending with file type jpg when I try to open them with photo or another viewer it tells me that the app does not support that file type, both apps do open...