Windows 10: Changing OS on desktop

Discus and support Changing OS on desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I strip a O.S. off and put on a new one without an internet connection? 110828 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tripper, May 22, 2018.

1. Tripper Win User

Changing OS on desktop

Can I strip a O.S. off and put on a new one without an internet connection?

:)

Tripper, May 22, 2018

2. How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 22, 2018
  3. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Changing OS on desktop

1. Changing OS on desktop - Similar Threads - Changing desktop

2. How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11: The colors of fonts under my icons on the desktop change without me changing them. I have black without shadowing and it changes to a light blue with shadows. When I reboot the color comes back to what I have chosen in my theme which is black. How to stop the color from...
  3. How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11: The colors of fonts under my icons on the desktop change without me changing them. I have black without shadowing and it changes to a light blue with shadows. When I reboot the color comes back to what I have chosen in my theme which is black. How to stop the color from...
  4. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  5. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  6. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  7. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  8. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  9. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  10. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...