Windows 10: Changing permissions in Home

Discus and support Changing permissions in Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to move a program save file or folder containing files that was from a previous version of win10. The folder has that long alpha numeric... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SEP555, Aug 10, 2017.

1. SEP555 Win User

Changing permissions in Home

I'm trying to move a program save file or folder containing files that was from a previous version of win10. The folder has that long alpha numeric after the name and have the "account unknown" account permissions from the previous win10.

When I try to copy them over to where I want them to be, in the User subfolders, I get the message

"Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here"

I've tried to add my profile to the permissions, remove account unknown inheritance and made me the owner.
    I still get you require permission from userx to make this change, but I am userx!???

maybe I'm not adding them right?

Again I'm on HOME so no gpedit

:)

SEP555, Aug 10, 2017

2. WIndows 10 and iCloud

I have changed permissions to full which solves the problem. However, each time I restart the computer my Home Users account permissions reset and I have to change them back to full before ICloud tries to access the photos folder. Any ideas on how to stop
    permissions resetting?

StevenHrouda, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Neil4444 Win User
    Home page keeps changing without my permission.

Home page keeps changing without my permission. Tried "Tools/options" but changing the Home Page here does not help, it keeps reverting to a search page I do not want. How can I lock in the home page I want?

Neil4444, Aug 10, 2017
  4. SEP555 Win User

so looking at the ownership properties I noticed this- Low mandatory Level. Something to do with it?

This only appears when you get to the apps_alphanumeric folder
    eg. User/~/appdata/local/packages/appnames_alphanumeric

SEP555, Aug 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Changing permissions in Home - Similar Threads - Changing permissions Home

2. Changing Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Permissions: I have Windows 11 on my desktop computer. I'm the Owner, Administrator and the name that I log in under, Denise. No one else uses my computer. I've been trying to change permissions in order to update my GPS but the options for each "account" are grayed out except for Owner...
  3. Changing Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Permissions: I have Windows 11 on my desktop computer. I'm the Owner, Administrator and the name that I log in under, Denise. No one else uses my computer. I've been trying to change permissions in order to update my GPS but the options for each "account" are grayed out except for Owner...
  4. Home Network Access and Permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  5. changing permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing permissions: I want to change my Minecraft permissions to be able to play multiplayer. how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-permissions/1447eeff-ce1b-46bd-9152-c96e7109ca73
  6. change 'permissions'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change 'permissions': which 1 of these ways is easiest and would give as much 'permissions' to computer user as possible? > Change Permissions of Objects for Users and Groups in Windows 10 problems: cant delete basic things cant move basic things to ssd etc etc too many problems cos of this cos...
  7. Changes permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changes permissions: Ever time I check my permissions they are changed. Not all of them but almost. If I unplug my pc & unhook the network cable it isn't as bad. It gets to the point where I am not allowed to do anything but go online. I have scanned with several antivirus programs but nothing...
  8. changing permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing permissions: I am trying to change the security and permission issues of files in the folder to share with everyone with full control. setting the permissions in the folder is not changing the files in the folder. Finding some of the files have different ownerships. is there a way to...
  9. Permission to home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission to home network: I created a home network and all PCs are shown in the folder. But I was surprised to see that I don’t have any permission to access the other PCs. How can I get this permission?...
  10. Home vs Pro Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Home vs Pro Permissions: Hello, I am the administrator on a church PC running Windows 10 HOME. I'm consistently having issues with other users changing settings, downloading and installing software, and otherwise just making my job much more difficult. I'm constantly fixing something that someone...