Windows 10: Changing Primary MS A/C

Discus and support Changing Primary MS A/C in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Outlook.com account that arose out of a confusing Answer Desk chat - I ended up creating the account to solve an apparent problem.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Orpheus2000, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Changing Primary MS A/C

I have a Microsoft Outlook.com account that arose out of a confusing Answer Desk chat - I ended up creating the account to solve an apparent problem. The result is that this account (call it AccGash), which is additional to the Outlook account that I already had (call it AccReal), is attached to my Office 365 subscription.

I recently changed my MS login back to AccReal, which is the email account I use. It seems that this does not affect the attachment of AccGash to my Office sub, which is a nuisance since I never use AccGash for anything else. It's not the end of the world, but it's untidy and one day I will forget that account name and then have a problem with reinstalling Office.

I couldn't find a way of communicating with Microsoft, apart from telephone (expensive international call) and on line chat (tends to be very time consuming and often a bit amateurish), so I wrote a letter explaining what I wanted and including appropriate screen-shots. That was some time ago and I no longer expect a reply, so I wonder if anyone on this forum has any ideas.

:)

Orpheus2000, Jan 24, 2016
  2. BobZolto Win User

Change Primary Account

My primary account in Windows 10 following an upgrade from Win 7 has a glitch. It was solved by creating a new MS account as an additional user under the primary. Of course, none of my data, apps, etc., are available under the new account. How do I
    change the primary from the old MS account to the new one?

BobZolto, Jan 24, 2016
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    Change MS primary account in lumia 520

You can export and import the data via the website
    http://www.outlook.com

[Epstein], Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

Changing Primary MS A/C

1. Changing Primary MS A/C - Similar Threads - Changing Primary

2. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  3. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  4. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can I change my secondary account to be my primary account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change my secondary account to be my primary account?: I basically put in the wrong primary account,but the correct secondary account,I now want to swap the wrong account into the correct account,but I don't know how, please help....
  6. Change primary Email on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  7. Change primary Email on Windows

Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  8. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  9. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  10. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....