Windows 10: Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping

Discus and support Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All I have been trying - as I did with the Windows 7 image - to change the default user path in the registry to the D drive. As I have been trying,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PinkRhino, Aug 29, 2017.

1. PinkRhino Win User

Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping

All

I have been trying - as I did with the Windows 7 image - to change the default user path in the registry to the D drive. As I have been trying, once I change something in the registry, the sysprep appears to fail. Once I restore my changes, the sysprep will work. Can somebody tell me if indeed I can't change anything in the registry for a custom sysprep WIM image or is there a simple trick that might help me out?

:)

PinkRhino, Aug 29, 2017
  2. ga_guy1 Win User

IE11 Pages not responding after Sysprep, Copyprofile=True, Windows 10 Ent 64

After running Sysprep on a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise Build 1511 PC, Internet Explorer 11 will not load certain web sites from within a user account (admin rights) without generating a
    Page Not Responding error, hanging up, and sending an error report. However if your open IE11 "Run as Administrator" the pages WILL load, therefore IE can only be opened and used in this manner. When Sysprep is run the setting to copy the Administrator Profile
    to the Default user profile is turned ON (which we need) and this seems to be what is causing the issue. Everything works normally before Sysprep is run, even on standard user accounts. However this has not always been the case, so we need a solution to restore
    IE11 functionality to these systems while still allowing them to be sysprepped with the correct profile settings applied.

ga_guy1, Aug 29, 2017
  3. How to maintain my OS changes (HKCU registries, custom personalization) after sysprep process?

I have built a custom OS image with some changes in HKCU hive from Administrator account. After execute sysprep process using Autounnatend.xml file the OS begins good but I lost my changes in HKCU registries and other app lost likewise its configuration
    based on .ini file.

I did follow the step C of the below link Configuring Default User Settings – Full Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

However the changes didn't work on Administrator account.

Is there a way to keep my HCKU changes and app customizations after sysprep?

Juan Carlos Albarrán, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Hi PinkRhino, welcome to Ten Forums.

Do not use registry to change Users folder location in Windows 10. Simply clean install Windows, boot it to Audit Mode and use an answer file to relocate Users. Step by step instructions in Method One in this tutorial: Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials .

Following the instructions, the whole Users folder will be moved to another drive, and all future user profiles will be created on that location.

5. PinkRhino Win User
    I am gonna try that right away, thanks already.

PinkRhino, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping - Similar Threads - Changing registry settings

2. Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP: I am at the basic configuration stage of the new system (current version of Windows 10 pro) just installed last week (finally). Before I begin installing a plethora of software I need, I want to shift the profiles off the SSD to a more robust HDD to save wear-n-tear. I found...
  3. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  4. User profile moving with Sysprep questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile moving with Sysprep questions: I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 & moved the User profile along with ProgramData (and manually installed programs to the same drive for those that allowed it & I felt wouldn't benefit from being on a SATA SSD). I notice that the method for doing this in Windows...
  5. User Profile Not Displayed In Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Not Displayed In Settings: I have a fresh install of Win10Pro and I'm having trouble with profiles. I can't turn off the log in step on startup (I've been through the process of turning it off, as seen in the image), and sometimes it shows a second profile with the same name (but without a profile...
  6. Wrong user name/profile in registry

Wrong user name/profile in registry: Recently changed name of a user account. Thought it was straight forward but I started getting the dreaded "We can not sign into your account" error. Off to the registry, under this user's account, where I noticed the old username with the Temp designation but it wouldn't let...
  7. Copy user profile and settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy user profile and settings: Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to...
  8. Editing the Registry in Windows 10 for User profile service failed the logon, user profile...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing the Registry in Windows 10 for User profile service failed the logon, user profile...: I was following the instructions from Microsoft on how to edit the registry for the user profile service failed logon and have an issue. there are three folders in the ProfileList and two that end in .bak. Which one should I change? Should I delete one? I have been trying...
  9. User Profile Name Change

User Profile Name Change: how do i change my user profile name from "quadr" to my name "Patrick"? for some reason, when i clean installed, it set up my user profile like that instead of my name... 9824
  10. How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep: I work for a large organisation with over 250 computers across a relatively large geographical area. We have just updated to Windows 10 Enterprise (1607) and I have used the CopyProfile setting to customise the default profile in Audit Mode, such as the Start Menu and...