Windows 10: Changing Sample Rate Stopped Headset

Discus and support Changing Sample Rate Stopped Headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Today while I was looking through my speaker properties, I noticed I could change the Sample Rate (which I thought may give me better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kazutadashi, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Changing Sample Rate Stopped Headset

Hello everyone. Today while I was looking through my speaker properties, I noticed I could change the Sample Rate (which I thought may give me better sound quality). However, after I changed it, the headphones I currently had plugged in stopped working. The speakers still work fine, and the headphones still work, and are recognized, they just don't produce any sound. I tried changing the sample rate back to the default 24bit 48000hz and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work. My problem is almost identical to this one: Headset stopped working after changing sample rate but I'm not sure where to find that option the second post refers to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Kazutadashi, Feb 1, 2016
  2. JJSchultz Win User

audiodp.exe and sample rate

I cannot change the sample rate in my recording interface because I get message that audiodp.exe is on and this will not allow sample rate change please advise

JJSchultz, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Horrible quality sound via bluetooth, It sounds like its stream is at a low bit rate so all the high frequencies create crackling distorted.

1. HTC

2. HD7 T9292

3. HEYAH

4. 7.10.8107.79

5. latest

6. Windows 7

I bought nokia bluetooth headset NOKIA BH-111 ive connected it to my HTC HD7, and first thing ive noticed is horrible downgrade of sound quality via BT set, So contacted friend of mine, borrowed form him his sony-erricson bt stereo headset and same
    thing occurs, I did some Bing research and found topic about this issue

Bad quality sound on Bluetooth Music streaming

the solution is only for unlocked phones using registry editor.

"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]

"Bit Pool"= change Value data to 51.

As I suspected the problem was in the sample rate settings. After I did the hack it sounded beautiful and at full sample rate. Some people don’t have the ear to catch the difference. I like to think I have a very good ear for this sort of thing. Being
    a musician and aspiring sound designer. I listen to all my music in the car through Bluetooth stereo gateway so I rely on this Bluetooth functionality 100%. Here is an example of the “Value data” number translated to sample rate.

Medium Quality

Bit Pool=35, Sample Rate=44.1 kHz = 229 kb/s

Bit Pool=33, Sample Rate=48 kHz = 237 kb/s

High Quality

Bit Pool=53, Sample Rate=44.1 kHz = 328 kb/s

Bit Pool=51, Sample Rate=48 kHz = 345 kb/s "

Also set "UseJointStereo" to 0 since one of the common joint stereo algorithm uses a lossy audio compression. BT Music sounds great with these changes!

Another thing is sound of keyboard not registering via BT, its muted and then 4-5 clics at very fast rate, whats up with this?

Looks like microsoft windows phone issue, what should i do to be able to use bluetooth stereo headset as intended without horrible HORRIBLE sound downgrade? and phone unlocking?

Buzzraider, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

Changing Sample Rate Stopped Headset

1. Changing Sample Rate Stopped Headset - Similar Threads - Changing Sample Rate

2. Why I cannot change the sample rate for my headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot change the sample rate for my headset?: Hello,I have a very uncommon situation. I cannot find a definite answer to it. I have a brand new Sennheiser Momentum 4 wireless headset. I noticed unpleasant very random crackling sounds. It does not matter if I am listening to youtube or podcast or music from my laptop. The...
  3. Why I cannot change the sample rate for my headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot change the sample rate for my headset?: Hello,I have a very uncommon situation. I cannot find a definite answer to it. I have a brand new Sennheiser Momentum 4 wireless headset. I noticed unpleasant very random crackling sounds. It does not matter if I am listening to youtube or podcast or music from my laptop. The...
  4. Sample rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample rate: Ok so I am trying to use voice mod a very good voice changer and it is telling me my beat solo 3's sample rate is too low so I go and try and fix it but it won't let me click on the drop-down menu to change it if you could help that would be greatly appreciated!...
  5. Changed sample rate, now there is no audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed sample rate, now there is no audio: Hey guys, so I am trying to change the sample rate from the audio of my MSI computer from the default 16bit, 48000hz to a lower sample rate. I changed it and I couldn't hear anything. Went back to the default, couldn't hear anything. Restarted my computer and there is still...
  6. Unable to change sample rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change sample rate: So I read a bunch of forums saying that in order to change my sample rate I have to change it in the sound board. When I went to go do it however, it didn't let me change the sample rate. It's stuck at 8000 Hz or "Telephone Quality" and doesn't even let me select the option...
  7. How to change Sample rate?

How to change Sample rate?: I've been trying to change my Sample rate for my headphones in headset properties, to use an external app Voicemod. Voicemod requires you to use 44000 or 48000 hz or it won't work. Mine is set to 8000hz telephone quality and I tried to change it after uninstalling the app....
  8. Can't change microphone sample rate.

Can't change microphone sample rate.: Hello, I use multiple apps that use my microphone and recently I got a better one. The apps I use require either 41100Hz or 48000Hz, but I cant change mine from 192000Hz in the advanced microphone settings. The drop-down box is shaded and I can't interact with it. It gives...
  9. microphone won't change sample rate.

microphone won't change sample rate.: i tried to change my microphone's sample rate back to CD quality because when i switched to DVD quality it stopped working. but it wont change back. when i try to change it back it says error! format not supported by the device. here is a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  10. UNABLE TO CHANGE SAMPLE RATE

UNABLE TO CHANGE SAMPLE RATE: I am attempting to change the Sample rate to 2 Channel 16 Bit 44100 Hz on the Recording Tab but this is greyed out and will not accept change Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-sample-rate/958ee021-1f33-4916-824b-bfa3886181a2