Windows 10: Changing size of info box in File Explorer

Discus and support Changing size of info box in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I'm in File Explorer in the Pictures folder I often want to rename the caption on a specific photo. However, Windows 10 has increased the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robinpe, Jul 13, 2016.

1. robinpe Win User

Changing size of info box in File Explorer

When I'm in File Explorer in the Pictures folder I often want to rename the caption on a specific photo. However, Windows 10 has increased the size/height of the info box & when I right click on a photo to open the box the box extends into the taskbar & I have to keep clicking on the 'down' arrow to get to 'Rename' & sometimes this means I accidentally open up something in the taskbar. Is there a way to decrease the height of the info box? I only have a 13.3" ultrabook laptop, so it doesn't have the same height that a 15.4" has.

:)

robinpe, Jul 13, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Tim1901 Win User
    Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. All of my displays look good....I don't want to change anything. However, the font size in FILE EXPLORER is a little bit too large. In folders where I have lots of items, they tend to overlap one another at the top
    and bottom. This make it hard to read some of the file names. I don't know if the box that the file name appears in is too narrow, or the text is too large. I like the size of the text. If I could change the size of the box , that would be my choice. Can anyone
    help?? Thanks!!

Tim1901, Jul 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You can influence the way the right click context menu opens by the position of the File explorer window and the pictures in it. To see what I mean try right clicking a picture that is near the bottom of the window and compare to right clicking a picture that is nearer the top. You may find this helps in selecting the Rename feature which is near the bottom of the context menu choices. Unfortunately pictures seem to have more context menu choices and so the menu size is larger. If you have good eyesight you might be able to select a higher display resolution setting which will make everything a bit smaller.

philc43, Jul 13, 2016
  5. robinpe Win User
    Thanks for that philc43, I'll bear that in mind!

robinpe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing size of info box in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Changing size info

2. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  3. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  4. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  5. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  6. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  7. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  8. i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't: i changed type size, then I tried change everything, but file explorer does not respond well, the type disappears at the top and bottom of each character when set large; can't file explorer adjust to type size changes? In WORD, when you change the type size, the line spacing...
  9. File Explorer tag info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer tag info: File Explorer view can show tags. How to input tag info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tag-info/a0dbb5c9-9f0d-4927-9e00-b1474bcf2400"
  10. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7