Windows 10: Changing taskbar icons?

Discus and support Changing taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wanted to thank you for this thread. I went ahead and replaced the volume icons (win8's has a solid white speaker, which is better), in addition to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iamesperambient, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ksdixon Win User

Changing taskbar icons?

Wanted to thank you for this thread. I went ahead and replaced the volume icons (win8's has a solid white speaker, which is better), in addition to the network barchart icons from win8.

Now my only issue with Win10 is that File Explorer never remembers it's position when you close and open it again, it always cascades to the right/down, as though you're opening a second instance of FE.

ksdixon, Dec 30, 2016
  2. spapakons Win User

I haven't noticed this. I don't know how to fix it. Have a look at the Folder options in Control Panel.

spapakons, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Blazedbud Win User
    edit the imageres.dll and shell.dll

Blazedbud, Jan 2, 2017
  4. spapakons Win User

Changing taskbar icons?

No! Don't touch shell.dll or shell32.dll! In Windows 64-bit it displays a message that the file is not signed and cannot load desktop and keeps restarting! Any icon you want is in imageres.dll, edit this only.

spapakons, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Blazedbud Win User
    Sorry was in windows 7 mode when i posted that reply.. my bad.. only just moved to 10..

Blazedbud, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing taskbar icons?

1. Changing taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - Changing taskbar icons

2. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  3. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  4. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  5. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  6. Icon change to taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon change to taskbar problem: I am literally desperate. I searched it on Youtube google everywhere and find no solution on this problem. I am trying to make my desktop clean and for some reason I cannot pin my GTA V on my taskbar with a changed icon to match my other apps without showing it as a epic...
  7. Taskbar icons not changing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not changing.: Over a year ago I downloaded some icons for my taskbar. I had to download the icons, and then change the icon through windows, and then run the Reset Icon Cache tweak in Winaero Tweaker to actually get the icons to change. However, I decided to finally change it up, and now...
  8. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  9. Change to taskbar icon layout

Change to taskbar icon layout: Just today the icons on the taskbar have changed. When a item pinned to the task bar is opened, the name of that item now shows beside the icon, therefore occupying more space on the taskbar. if multiple folder windows are opened, each individual folder shows on the task...
  10. Taskbar icons have changed

Taskbar icons have changed: Hi, The icons for windows store and Edge have mysteriously changed on the taskbar. The icons remain perfectly okay on the desktop and programme list but appear as tiny 'squashed' ones on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and re dragging the perfect desktop ones onto the...