Windows 10: Changing ten windows profile for system

Discus and support Changing ten windows profile for system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been able to change the setting in my profile but cannot figure out how to change my system profile. It still shows I am in the stone age with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captaindon130, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Changing ten windows profile for system

I have been able to change the setting in my profile but cannot figure out how to change my system profile. It still shows I am in the stone age with Windows 8.1 so I want to change it to Windows 10. *Smile

:)

captaindon130, Oct 7, 2015
  2. Cas226 Win User

Changing login background

I have just recently upgraded to windows ten and noticed the background where I login has changed. I do not mean my lock screen or my desktop background. I mean the image that is behind my username and profile picture as I enter the password. It's not
    bad, but I'd like something different. Is it possible to change this?

Cas226, Oct 7, 2015
  3. stepan1 Win User
    Restart after update fails to locate user profile

After Windows 10 performs an update and restarts itself, I sign-in on the sign-in page. Windows goes through its restart, then says "Preparing Windows," then says it can't find my user profile and has logged me into a temporary user profile. Any changes
    I make and documents I prepare won't be saved. It suggests a restart to solve the problem. Restarting does NOT solve the problem.

Then I have to go through a ten step process to locate Advanced System Settings and manually select my user profile, which is sitting right there in plain view. Restart again and the problem is solved (temporarily).

With all of the geniuses available at Microsoft, isn't there a more permanent and automated way to fix this problem?

stepan1, Oct 7, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Changing ten windows profile for system

Under Forums Actions menu item at the top, Update System Specs.

NavyLCDR, Oct 7, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    There is also very little info in your System Specs.

Ztruker, Oct 8, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Are you talking to the captain or to the Lieutenant Commander?

NavyLCDR, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The Cap'n.

Though I see yours doesn't have much n it either *Smile

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Changing ten windows profile for system

1. Changing ten windows profile for system - Similar Threads - Changing ten profile

2. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Ten: can windows ten be transferred to another motherboard if the old motherboard that failed is different. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/8332a453-0dfd-4a35-8fc9-d6f1cdbc2b2a
  3. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: I have shut down my computer as normal and, when opening again, it appears all my settings, Office and files have disappeared. How can I get back to how it was without actually starting everything again right from the beginning? I just want it back to how it was this morning....
  4. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Ten: When I scan a paper, to email it to my family, I use the PDF icon. When I had Windows 7, the program automatically put a copy of the scanned page in my document folder. When I perform the same task in Windows ten I can't find a copy of the scanned paper anywhere. Does it...
  5. Windows ten

in Cortana
    Windows ten: hello recently reset my pc and this appeard Does anybod know what it is and how i can fix it thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/0086d953-8719-4a95-9b1a-38ab13e67984"
  6. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: How can I create a schedule in landscape form. I am using Windows Ten and are new to this system. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/70530d32-24fd-4c09-8cb3-a4e200e73d76
  7. How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?: Hi everyone: I come from Windows Seven Forum I have a photo I've used there for years. I have it copied to my "Album" But now it gives me strange choices to use it---none of which replaces the "T" of my current avatar image. My search results:...
  8. profile change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    profile change: Whenver pc restrat it show the msg of profile have been change. All setting are deleted automatically.pls help 95524
  9. System Restore Windows ten

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Windows ten: Could you tell me how to do a system restore please, where to start??*Smile 103115
  10. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums: How to: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to fill out your system specs at Ten Forums which will enable other members to assist you more quickly and efficiently....