Windows 10: Changing text description in Win 10

Discus and support Changing text description in Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any way to change the text description in a Windows program / app? Just curious as to how one could achieve this? 49397 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thefrecklepuny, May 5, 2016.

1. Changing text description in Win 10

Any way to change the text description in a Windows program / app? Just curious as to how one could achieve this?

:)

thefrecklepuny, May 5, 2016

2. The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

<Original Title: Color of text in taskbar>

I've recently upgraded system to Windows 10 and I've found one problem: The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black (so it's difficult to read it). I've tried changing of desktop background and taskbar colors but
    the text remains black.

In my second computer with Win 10 the text is white but I also haven't found out how to change it.

Is there any option to manually or automatically change color of text in task bar?

Betelgeuze, May 5, 2016
  3. Personalising 'File Explorer' Environment and Display (Text Size Etc.)

In file explorer Win 10, how can I change the size of the display text. Currently it is too small for me to read. Incidentally when I first loaded Win 10 it appeared normal. Thanks in anticipation, Peter

First namePeterMackenzie, May 5, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Changing text description in Win 10

What do you mean by Text description?

pbcopter, May 5, 2016
  5. I mean the title description of a particular program in the title bar

thefrecklepuny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing text description in Win 10

1. Changing text description in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Changing text description

2. How can you change the text/description of a file type listed in the details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can you change the text/description of a file type listed in the details view?: I am trying to set it so that only the true file extension name is shown under the "Type" column of details view. As shown below, I have two completely different file types .stl and .3mf, but both are shown as "PrusaSlicer" file types under the "Type" column as the two files...
  3. How can you change the text/description of a file type listed in the details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you change the text/description of a file type listed in the details view?: I am trying to set it so that only the true file extension name is shown under the "Type" column of details view. As shown below, I have two completely different file types .stl and .3mf, but both are shown as "PrusaSlicer" file types under the "Type" column as the two files...
  4. How can you change the text/description of a file type listed in the details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 file description - see description

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file description - see description: the picture is taken from the start button. does anyone know how to change it back. windows 10 pro version 2004 (os build 19041.985) 179644
  6. How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?: Depending on desktop wallpaper used ; folder fonts become unreadable unless highlighted. Is it possible to bold the text and change its color ? Windows 10 home . 145106
  7. Texting on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Texting on Win 10?: Guys, Is there any way to do texting on Win 10 (1803) without involving a cell phone? My land line is a wireless AT&T line so I'm hoping it could be utilized. Thanks, Ed 131791
  8. Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.: Running Windows 10 home and desktop icon text descriptions are not using "shadow" font so white text is invisible on white backgroud. Messed with a variety of display settings and started working but now has stopped again back to same problem. Any suggestions?...
  9. Change computer description remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change computer description remotely: Hi! Is there a way to change a PC description running windows 10 remotely ? We have a domain environment with multiple workstations and we would like to change their description without the need of physically accessing the PC. Is there maybe a way using CMD, Powershell or...
  10. Win 10 missing text labels.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 missing text labels.: Whats up with the missing text labels? Sometimes its my start menu sometimes its the right click menu. [img] 40689