Windows 10: Changing the default app when in tablet mode

Discus and support Changing the default app when in tablet mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to these forums so my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in. What I am trying to figure out how to do is change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cam1234, Jun 25, 2017.

1. cam1234 Win User

Changing the default app when in tablet mode

Hi,

I'm new to these forums so my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

What I am trying to figure out how to do is change the default program used to open pdf files when my convertible laptop is in tablet mode compared to when it is in regular laptop mode. I haven't been able to find anything from google searching but I thought perhaps some kind of macro could be programmed that runs when you convert to tablet and back?

If anyone has any thoughts or solutions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

cam1234, Jun 25, 2017

2. default to start screen, not desktop

When I close an app, I want to default to start screen, not desktop. I know that if I change to tablet mode, it defaults to start screen, but I prefer to be in laptop mode, not tablet mode

KeithStahl, Jun 25, 2017
  3. tablet mode

I'm trying to get my computer to switch to it has where I can switch it when I do it is doesn't work it says its on but it don't work how can I get it to work

tablet mode, Jun 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I understand you want to automatically switch a file association when changing from normal to tablet mode & v. versa.

You can start here:
    Change Default Program for file - Command line or Registry

So you can change the association programmatically (bat file)

But then you'd need some way to test whether your device is in tablet mode or not-
    someone has experimented with this using Autohotkey
    (a free scripting language with a good forum and help documents)
    Is it possible to autostart a program when in tablet mode? | TabletPCReview.com - Tablet PC Reviews, Discussion and News

The above should get you started if you're prepared to work with Autohotkey.

And
    c# - How can I detect when Window 10 enters tablet mode in a Windows Forms application? - Stack Overflow
    says how to do that in c#

dalchina, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Changing the default app when in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Changing default app

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  4. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  5. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  6. default app mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    default app mode: Is there a combination of keystrokes to toggle between Light and Dark app modes, or is the only way to change by going into Settings? Thanks! marymack23 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-mode/db159fd9-ace2-4689-b587-40b94a146072
  7. Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?: Win 10 has 2 types of keyboards. A touch screen keyboard and the on screen keyboard. I would like to make the on screen keyboard the default keyboard for tablet mode. Is it possible? 144633
  8. Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...

Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...: I changed my default app mode to dark under (Personalization -> colors). I realized I didn't like it (since it didn't contrast properly with Google). When I went back to the setting to change it back, the option to switch between light and dark was completely gone...
  9. Tablet Mode changes

Tablet Mode changes: I have to get this off of my chest. I sincerely hope that one of the movers and shakers with Microsoft reads this and rationally considers what some customers would like to see. Microsoft pioneered 2in1 devices with its Surface line. The choice of having a tablet and a...
  10. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...