Windows 10: Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro

Discus and support Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using an EPSON printer on WIN 10 Pro. How do I change the printer port protocol from LPR to RAW. It seems to be better to use RAW not LPR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lou Reed, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Lou Reed Win User

Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro

I am using an EPSON printer on WIN 10 Pro. How do I change the printer port protocol from
    LPR to RAW.

It seems to be better to use RAW not LPR.

Just changing the protocol as shown in the attached graphic will not work. It stops with an error.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in adavnce.

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Mar 7, 2018

2. After upgrade to Win 10 can't find networked printer

I have a two networked printers. One an HP Laser printer, the other an Epson Workforce 545. After upgrade to Win 10 on an HP desktop and Windows Surface Pro both of which were running Win 8.1 prior to upgrade, I was able to print to the Epson with the
    HP desktop but not to the HP laserjet. I was able to print to both printers with the Surface Pro. The HP desktop said the HP printer was ofline. After many attempts to get it online, I finally deleted this printer in Device and Printers. When I than attempted
    to "add a printer" here I got the message no printers found and could not proceed. The home WiFi network is working and I have turned on share printer for both printers. The network is working properly because I can print to both printers from the Surface
    Pro and can print to the Epson from the HP desktop. I have upgraded both printers with all available driver upgrades.

GeraldNielsen, Mar 7, 2018
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Epson Photo 1400

Did you also get the Epson win 10 drivers for the 1400 if available? Each printer needs win 10 drivers and their own setup as 2 diff printers. Get the drivers from Epson and add the 1400 as a second printer.

mlg63, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro

1. Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Changing EPSON printer

2. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  3. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  4. Change from Pro to Home Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change from Pro to Home Win 10: Dears,I purchased laptop that was with pre-insttalled win 10 pro by seller but it has to be with win 10 home.System was activated with sellers corporate code and in a half of a year I faced label "Your system is not activated"After investigatin original manufacturer support...
  5. Epson Printer WF Pro 4720

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Printer WF Pro 4720: My Epson printer was working well, but now only prints the job title page and not the document. Can you help? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-wf-pro-4720/050c5c1c-9ef9-4ba5-847e-6839c5898a67
  6. epson printer windows 10

epson printer windows 10: i have an epson et3700 printer that continually quits printing. when i contact tech support they take me thru the process of adding a printer using add a local port. then a box with 6 blank boxes pops up and the printer cannot be added. epson says this is a windows 10 problem...
  7. Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation

Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation: I have just Re-Installed my Epson XP-640 Printer USB, with Latest Software direct Install from Epson, due to the problem described below. When the Printer is Installed, its Icon does not appear in the Network Printers List - It appears as "Unspecified" Device. As a result...
  8. Epson printer

Epson printer: Can anyone tell me why a printer will only print somethings and not others. It is an Epson ET 2550 and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/c4c461b1-c6b2-4685-ab80-872fada4b2ba
  9. Epson printer

Epson printer: there is no maintenance settings and does not print any more black pages and color pages look all messed up wrong colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/3f00a4de-aab6-49ab-89c2-49693ed7ec2a
  10. Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?

Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?: Hi does anyone know or think the 64 bit 8.1 drivers for my printer may work for Win 10? (64 bit) Epson does not offer Win 10 drivers Some sites offer the drivers but I try not to download things from sites I do not trust It could be the 8.1 drivers in disguise or malware...