Windows 10: Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders

Discus and support Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Would it be possible to get copies of the cool icons you use on your Windows TenForums tutorial pages? Example: the disk drive with the reverse circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hemimax, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hemimax Win User

Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders

Would it be possible to get copies of the cool icons you use on your Windows TenForums tutorial pages? Example: the disk drive with the reverse circle for system restore.

:)

Hemimax, Aug 27, 2015

2. Change taskbar icon?

You can change the icons for Pinned taskbar shortcuts from this folder:

%Appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Type that in Explorer address bar, or Run dialog.)

For Windows installer shortcuts the target can't be changed. In that case, you need to delete the existing shortcut and create a new shortcut for that program manually, and then Pin it to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 27, 2015
  3. zutter Win User
    Can't change folder icons in Windows 10

Tested and confirmed fix,

After creating new folder, create a shortcut for it. First change the icon to one of the Windows default icons from the directory Windows auto directs you to. Confirm changes. Now change icon to your icon of choice. I hope this works for you man, cuz it
    sure did for me.

zutter, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders

chris1neji, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders

1. Changing the icons for new shortcuts and folders - Similar Threads - Changing icons shortcuts

2. Can not change a shortcut's icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not change a shortcut's icon: I am trying to change a shortcut's icon to an icon from a .dll in a linked drive. I can view the icons, from the .dll, in the icon menu but when I select an icon and apply it I get the default icon, the Dog-eared sheet of paper, instead of my custom logo. However, if I have...
  3. Can't change shortcut icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change shortcut icon: I keep a shortcut for File Explorer on my desktop. Until the last Win10 update last week, it displayed the icon I selected for it under Properties, Change Icon. Now it displays a blank icon on the desktop, and won't display the one I choose for it, even thought the Properties...
  4. Changed shortcut icon.

Changed shortcut icon.: Hello, I have just had a strange experience with my desktop icons. All my dektop shortcuts had their little arrow icon changed into a black character with a waving hand on a white background. It covered most of the icon behind it. However after I reset Windows Explorer, the...
  5. Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons: I have a new computer just 8 days old. I run Windows 10 ver. 1909 and have an office 365 subscription. 2 days ago Windows Update installed its updates and then Office 365 tried to update and it crashed. This has happened to me before a while back on another computer and the...
  6. Change "New Folder" Icon

Change "New Folder" Icon: Hello, i would like to know if it's possible to change the icon of the default yellow folder on windows 10. I know that after you create a new folder you can go to propreties and change it, but my question is if you can change the default icon to your own icon and be able to...
  7. Changing a Shortcut Icon

Changing a Shortcut Icon: I'd like to change the icon of a Google docs shortcut from the standard Microsoft Edge logo to the actual Google docs logo. Is this possible, as if so how do I do this? Thank you...
  8. Shortcut icons change

Shortcut icons change: My PC has crashed on reboot. I had to turn it off by pressing and holding the power button. Then I turned on my PC but the shortcut icons have changed. They have an arrow now. But my computer is working without any other problems...
  9. New shortcut icon symbol?

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut icon symbol?: After reinstalling Windows 10 due to a problem I posted here, I started to reinstall programs. When I went to arrange the Desktop icons I noticed there are now two different styles in the shortcuts, one being the old arrow. Besides the shortcuts, a new JPG image I saved on...
  10. Shortcut icons keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons keep changing: Shortcuts used to be indicated by a fairly unobtrusive arrow in the corner. A few days ago they changed to an overly visible white arrow in a green circle in the lower middle of the program icon. Then they changed to a gray X in the corner. Now they're back to the arrow in...