Windows 10: changing the system font size in windows explorer

Discus and support changing the system font size in windows explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Just wondered if anybody knows how you change the size of the font in windows explorer, I do not wish to increase/decrease the screen's overall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samIOW, Dec 8, 2015.

1. samIOW Win User

changing the system font size in windows explorer

Hello, Just wondered if anybody knows how you change the size of the font in windows explorer, I do not wish to increase/decrease the screen's overall DPI. anybody else having the same problem. Thanks Sam

:)

samIOW, Dec 8, 2015
  2. haolekook Win User

how to make font size larger in file explorer...

So... Here I am again. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the font size larger in windows 10 FILE EXPLORER?

Not the "advanced display setting" change. I am talking specifically about FILE EXPLORER. Changing the font size of text in title bars, menus, etc. has no effect on FILE EXPLORER.

The text or font size in left and right panes are too small. I need the font size to be bigger. Is that possible? If not from windows or file explorer settings, then maybe an add-on? And if windows does not provide the functionality to change font size,
    does anyone know of an alternative app that does?

Not the "large icon" setting. I am talking specifically about the font size, not the icons.

Thank you.

haolekook, Dec 8, 2015
  3. charonjr Win User
    Windows 10 font size change INSIDE EXPLORER.exe WINDOWS

Winaero Tweeker font size changes all fonts, just like normal Windows 10 does. Just looking for font size within Windows Explorer aka File Explorer. Guess, time to go into the Registry.

charonjr, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

changing the system font size in windows explorer [​IMG]

If you mean File Explorer go to Display in control panel

Cliff S, Dec 8, 2015
  5. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for that, Yes I did mean file explorer and have tried your first option but it also changes the size of the Icons as well, which all I wish to do is increase the system font size,

I don't understand the 2nd option ?? If you mean File Explorer go to Display in control panel ??

samIOW, Dec 8, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I was just saying where you can change your font size and make them bold in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display.

Cliff S, Dec 9, 2015
  7. samIOW Win User
    when I try that there is no option to change just the font size.

all I want is to increase the font size, That is all

samIOW, Dec 9, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Choose "Icons"(this is for text not icon size) and then choose text size....

Cliff S, Dec 9, 2015
  9. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for that, I assumed that was for the "icons", If I were a betting man I could have lost my shirt on that. Merry Christmas,

samIOW, Dec 9, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile Merry Christmas to you too!

Cliff S, Dec 9, 2015
  11. samIOW Win User
    Thanks , and a merry Christmas and new year too you to*Biggrin

samIOW, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. changing the system font size in windows explorer - Similar Threads - changing system font

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. change SIZE of system font

change SIZE of system font: I desperately seeking a way to change SIZE (not the font itself) of system font. Not to scale everything, not to scale text only (because it's not affect this system font size). Everything is allowed hacking included. I don't care about Micro$oft permissions, if Micro$oft...
  4. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  5. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  6. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7
  7. Changing System wide Font sizes

Changing System wide Font sizes: How do I change the font for my laptop system wide because currently I am not able to do this and I would like to change the font style since it has been the same thing for some time?...
  8. System windows font size

System windows font size: Anybody know which window metrics item – if any – controls font and size settings for system windows such as Windows Update? I need to increase the font size a point or 2. 134619
  9. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  10. Change font size in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change font size in Windows Explorer: Hello, In Windows explorer the fonts (text) are very small and I want to change the size / enlarge them. While searching for a solution, I found right on this forum this "changing the system font size in windows explorer Solved - Windows 10 Forums". Following the...