Windows 10: Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?

Discus and support Changing what is displayed in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I am hoping this is the right area... I have set up a company on Onedrive for business. I was wondering how can I remove standard Onedrive from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DMGrier, Jan 16, 2016.

1. DMGrier Win User

Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?

So I am hoping this is the right area...

I have set up a company on Onedrive for business. I was wondering how can I remove standard Onedrive from the left panel in file explorer as some of the users are getting confused with two different options of Onedrive. Thanks.

:)

DMGrier, Jan 16, 2016

2. What is changing my File and Printer Sharing Options on a Local User Account? (Windows 10)

I have multiple workstations that need to have File and Printer Sharing options ON at all times, however when I change these settings they revert back after some period of time (usually a day or a couple days).

Is there some Local Group Policy setting that is changing this setting?

Is Windows Firewall switching this back?

The Users that operate these workstations are on Local Accounts, assigned to the default WORKGROUP.

Nothing I find online points to where either of these affect this specific setting - I am making these changes at the below location:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

I change this for both "Private" and "Guest or Public" and also change Network discovery settings, setting both to ON

[help-me-pls], Jan 16, 2016
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    What is changing my File and Printer Sharing Options on a Local User Account? (Windows 10)

Hello,

Issues regarding workstations in a workgroup are more complex than what is normally posted here in Community. We suggest that you post your query in our

TechNet Forum
    for further assistance.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 16, 2016
  5. DMGrier Win User
    Thanks Brink, this will help alleviate their confusion!

DMGrier, Jan 17, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing what is displayed in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Changing displayed File

2. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  3. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  4. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer stopped displaying changes

Explorer stopped displaying changes: Sometime in the last hour or so, Windows Explorer stopped any chanhgesd I make to the contetys of a folder, such as renaming a file or moving it to another folder.For example, if I change the name of a file, when I press Enter, the original name is displayed. If I press F5,...
  6. Explorer stopped displaying changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stopped displaying changes: Sometime in the last hour or so, Windows Explorer stopped any chanhgesd I make to the contetys of a folder, such as renaming a file or moving it to another folder.For example, if I change the name of a file, when I press Enter, the original name is displayed. If I press F5,...
  7. Explorer stopped displaying changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  9. Corrupted File Explorer Display

Corrupted File Explorer Display: I checked as best I could in "Community" for an answer to this and, while there were other issues of corrupted display, none of them addressed this specific problem. Can someone please tell me why my File Explorer display looks like this and how I can fix it? It's really...
  10. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....