Windows 10: changing Windows Explorer text size

Discus and support changing Windows Explorer text size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Feb 16, 2018.

1. trogne Win User

changing Windows Explorer text size

Hi,

I have a new 43'' screen.

I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher.

How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ?

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

trogne, Feb 16, 2018
  2. Mike1603 Win User

Windows 10 font size change INSIDE EXPLORER.exe WINDOWS

I also had this same problem. Try changing the "icons" text size setting in the dropdown you show. I found that this directly affected the text size in the Windows Explorer windows.

Mike1603, Feb 16, 2018
  3. haolekook Win User
    how to make font size larger in file explorer...

So... Here I am again. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the font size larger in windows 10 FILE EXPLORER?

Not the "advanced display setting" change. I am talking specifically about FILE EXPLORER. Changing the font size of text in title bars, menus, etc. has no effect on FILE EXPLORER.

The text or font size in left and right panes are too small. I need the font size to be bigger. Is that possible? If not from windows or file explorer settings, then maybe an add-on? And if windows does not provide the functionality to change font size,
    does anyone know of an alternative app that does?

Not the "large icon" setting. I am talking specifically about the font size, not the icons.

Thank you.

haolekook, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Patrick, *Smile

If you like, the tutorials below can helps show you how to change the text size for the following items in Windows 10.

Another option would be to change the default system font to something that may look better to you.

*Arrow Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 16, 2018
  5. trogne Win User
    Thanks, maybe I'll have a look.

After a reboot, all seems nice at 125% !

trogne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. changing Windows Explorer text size - Similar Threads - changing Explorer text

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  4. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  5. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting: I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the...
  6. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting: I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the...
  7. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  8. how to change text size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Text size changes in display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...