Windows 10: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

Discus and support Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows The drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Spencer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Spencer Win User

Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

The drives.

Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files, they can also - in some cases - allow you to upload files to websites when the original file is too large. You can work with compressed files and folders in the same way that you work with uncompressed files and folders.

This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder context menu item to any icon for your account or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon for Current User
    • Option Two: Change Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon for All Users

EXAMPLE: Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder default icon

Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon for Current User

*note This option will override Option Two.

*note This option will only be applied to the current user, and no other user account on the PC.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}\DefaultIcon

*note If you do not have a {888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062} key, right click on the CLSID key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type {888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062} for the name, and press Enter.

*note If you do not have a DefaultIcon key, right click on the {888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062} key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type DefaultIcon for the name, and press Enter.

3. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\zipfldr.dll

5. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

6. sign in to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon for All Users

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*note If any user uses Option One, it will override this option for their account.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If you used Option One, delete the DefaultIcon key located below. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}\DefaultIcon

3. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}\DefaultIcon

4. Change the owner of the DefaultIcon key to the Administrators group.

5. Change the permissions of the DefaultIcon key to "Allow" Administrators "Full control" of it.

6. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

7. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The .ico file will need to be saved at a location (ex: "C:\Windows" or "C:\Users\Public") that all users have access to. If it's not, the icon may show as a default folder for some users instead.

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\zipfldr.dll

8. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

9. sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Spencer, Jul 29, 2015

2. Send To -> Compressed Zipped Folder doesn't show

Hi Brian,

I realize that Send To -> Compressed Zipped Folder doesn't show. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Does this issue occur on a different user account?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 27, 2019
  3. pjsinjh Win User
    Restore Missing Send To Compressed Zipped Folder in Send To Menu in Windows 10

Restore Missing Send To Compressed Zipped Folder in Send To Menu in Windows 10

pjsinjh, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

Send To -> Compressed Zipped Folder doesn't show

I lost my Send To -> Compressed Zipped Folder context menu action. I've searched the web and tried:

1. Remove the zero byte "Bluetooth".

- I did not have a zero byte "Bluetooth", I had a 2.5 KB "Bluetooth" and I removed it anyway since I don't use bluetooth on this machine.

2. Copy "Compressed Zipped Folder" from the Default profile.

- No change.

3. Copy whole directory from the Default profile.

- No change.

4. Run "sfc /scannow"

- Windows did not find any integrity issues.

I can't seem to find any other solutions online, so can anyone help?

BrianTheRider, Oct 27, 2019
  5. PF#
    PF# Win User
    Compressed (zipped) folder error

This error message pops up when I try to zip a file:

Compressed (zipped) folder error

Unable to complete operation

Access denied

I have tried the two methods suggested on this forum and it still doesn't work. it has worked previously not sure how that changed

6. Windows 10 File or folder Zip feature

I tried to compress a folder containing 15+ files. When I right clicked on the folder, moved to Send To, a selection for Bluetooth was the only option displayed. I repeated this step several times and then the listing included the file compression option,
    so I was able to zip the folder.

I needed to zip another set of similar files. This time only the Bluetooth option displayed after right clicking on the folder, to view the available options listed under Send To.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

WheelwrightA, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

1. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Send Compressed

2. send to compressed zip not workin

in Windows 10 Customization
    send to compressed zip not workin: In the SendTo Share tab I the zip icon is greyed out.orWhen I go to windows explorer and click a file that i want to zip up the option to create a zip file is not there...
  3. Compressed zipped folders Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  4. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  5. Compressed zipped folders error

Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  6. Compressed zipped Folders

Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  7. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  8. Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from Send to menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from Send to menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If the Send to menu is visible, but some particular item such as Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from the Send to menu in Windows 10, follow this post to fix the issue. If the Send to menu is not [...] This post Compressed (zipped) folder is missing...
  9. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  10. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....