Windows 10: Charms not displaying

Discus and support Charms not displaying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, after 2 days of Windows 10 use, some thoughts. when hitting the left under-corner you get the Start Menu (I guess), then right mouse click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jeffrys Win User

Charms not displaying

Ok, after 2 days of Windows 10 use, some thoughts.

when hitting the left under-corner you get the Start Menu (I guess), then right mouse click on that Menu and properties, navigation and "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the Charms", but nothing is showing.

In Excel or Word, FILE is always blue colored or green colored depending.

I need HOME more then anything else, but FILE is the default, can I change this.....Never had to do so before.

Any help appreciated for me and others.

Thanks

jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Viewfelt Win User

Gesture shortcuts

That hidden menu is called charm,

press start + C to display charm.

Viewfelt, Oct 6, 2014
  3. E90 Comunicator inner display wallpaper

Thanks, it works like a charm. The 800x284 resolution can be used although, but is the perfect fit only for the inner display.

irise---01, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Charms not displaying

Hi

I believe that the Charms bar only works on touch devices in Windows 10.
    At least I haven't seen it at all on my computer.

I looked to see if there was a way to open it just out of curiosity but didn't fine one.

Right clicking on the Start Icon give you access to basically the things you could get to from the Charms bar.

Not sure about your other question as I don't have Word or Excel installed.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Charms I think, is kind of disabled, I can't get it on my PC in desktop mode, my laptop I can swipe from the right and it will appear. I wish they would keep the charms bar. But they disabled switching back forth between Desktop and Start Screen, so I guess they had to disable it.

Trust_No1, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Only way to invoke the Charms Bar on Desktop PC's on either the Start Menu UI or the Start Screen UI is *Start + C.

Other than the bottom left, all hot corners are disabled for desktop PC's.

The link in Start Properties is dead for desktop PC's.

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  7. rmonroe36 Win User
    Green is logo color for Excel and Blue for Word. Normal - nothing to worry about.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 6, 2014
  8. jeffrys Win User

Charms not displaying

yes, I know that Rich,

but I want both to start with home and not file, that is it

thanks

jeff

jeffrys, Oct 7, 2014
  9. rmonroe36 Win User
    rmonroe36, Oct 7, 2014
  10. jeffrys Win User
    you are right Rich,

CTRL + F1 did the trick.

Thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 7, 2014
  11. rmonroe36 Win User
    You are welcome*Wink

rmonroe36, Oct 7, 2014
  12. There is an option under the navigation tab, in taskbar properties, to "show the charms bar when I point to the upper right corner". I have it checked but it still doesn't work for me on my laptop that doesn't have a touch screen.

alphanumeric, Oct 7, 2014
  13. Charms not displaying

Just been reading about that on Official MS forums

Apparently that option is redundant

Swipe with a touch screen or Windows Key + C are the only way to get charms now (or click 3 little dots at top left of store apps)

paulsalter, Oct 7, 2014
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Charms WORKS (even on a NON TOUCH computer) if you logon to W10 via RDP (remote desktop) and then pull the drop down at the top of the screen.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 8, 2014
  15. jeffrys Win User
    hehe Jimbo,

where is your taskbar. Haha.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 8, 2014
Thema:

Charms not displaying

1. Charms not displaying - Similar Threads - Charms displaying

2. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding...
  3. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding...
  4. how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?: i think the title is my question, So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-windows-81-charms-bar-on/f5933c4b-074b-4fe5-b7aa-f04700c78fb1
  5. how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?

how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?: i think the title is my question, So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-windows-81-charms-bar-on/f5933c4b-074b-4fe5-b7aa-f04700c78fb1
  6. Charm window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charm window: How can i disable charm window . I always appear when swipe the curser to left. It always disturb during work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charm-window/6cdd2cec-37d0-4668-be3e-98ba07469063
  7. Charm window

Charm window: How can i disable charm window . I always appear when swipe the curser to left. It always disturb during work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charm-window/6cdd2cec-37d0-4668-be3e-98ba07469063
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing the Facebook app in the Share Charm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not recognizing the Facebook app in the Share Charm: I got the Facebook app from Microsoft but it does not show up in my share charm. How do I make this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizing-the-facebook-app-in-the/cfac7276-b668-4d01-b8a3-39d14f1ceadf
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing the Facebook app in the Share Charm

Windows 10 not recognizing the Facebook app in the Share Charm: I got the Facebook app from Microsoft but it does not show up in my share charm. How do I make this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizing-the-facebook-app-in-the/cfac7276-b668-4d01-b8a3-39d14f1ceadf
  10. display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?: The charms screen is covering the full screen and I cannot get to the windows screen with icons. how do i change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-stuck-on-the-charms-screen-how-do-i-fix/bb5609fb-6649-4128-a57b-e582dc0fdeee