Windows 10: Chasing fixs for unresponsive programs/pc

Discus and support Chasing fixs for unresponsive programs/pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mhughes, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Mhughes Win User

Chasing fixs for unresponsive programs/pc

You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so. No mouse at times. Unable to acsess start screen on other files. Will get stuck in a restart/shutdown which I will then do a hard reset. After it comes back the issue remains. I am fairly capable of trying different things but have had no luck, chasing "fix's" So far I have tried the following:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled chrome
    -Installed malwarebites and removed 144 "threats" had read Kaspersky and mw bites were competing for CPU so I uninstalled it. currently not on my machine.
    -viewed kasperskys cpu usage in task manager at the most for a moment is 23% typically 3-4%
    -contacted kasperskys support asking about its functionality within windows 10. they had my select an option in settings "concede resources to other programs
    -disabled Kaspersky "protection extension in chrome
    -reset winsock and restarted which worked for a day (yesterday) now back to same.

I think that's it. I had read about an updated driver but got a little confused on which. Also concerned that each "fix" I try is creating a new set of issues. Would be forever in debt for some help. Thanks in advance.

:)

Mhughes, Jan 16, 2016

2. Programs very slow to open after June 2017 Win 10 update

I do not have any office apps, sorry, in the end, I have managed to use the media creation tool, and reverted to build 1511, used the blocker download to block the update as well, as it wanted to install the new update this morning. It took 4 days for
    me to stop chasing failed solutions, using a tablet, and trying to implement them on my failing pc, none of the uninstall, or remove options worked for the update, it had deleted every single restore point prior to its installation, including backups in my
    Iobits programs. My pc is a self build, and I use a lot of graphics programs. the screen was refreshing every 90 seconds, my iobits program monitoring startup was reporting 1 min 20 seconds from boot, but the pc was completely unresponsive for 40 mins, before
    any programs could be attempted, then it was hit and miss as to wether I had timed it right and clicked the mouse at the right moment, to run a program to try to resolve the issues. Thanks for trying to help though, appreciated.

louisaprice, Jan 16, 2016
  3. JeanPGuy Win User
    Program Unresponsive

1. I was running a paid version.

2. Avast was still installed.

3. No it was uninstalled with everything else and I did not reinstall it.

4. This appears to be working.

5. This also appears to be working.

I only now notice it says one or more of my device drivers may not be working. (I'm unsure if this has any effect but thought I should mention incase it does.)

(edit) I found which device (RealTek PCIE card Reader) and found another question about the device driver and am working on fixing that though still unsure if it has anything to do with this.

(edit) Found out what RealTek PCIE card Reader is/does.

JeanPGuy, Jan 16, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Simple, but painful, recommendation:

Clean install 10.

bobkn, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Chasing fixs for unresponsive programs/pc - Similar Threads - Chasing fixs unresponsive

2. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  3. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  4. chase zelle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chase zelle: CHASE / ZELLE - I now with a new recipient I get a popup from "chase on line" IN MY LAPTOP windows 10, when sending money by Zelle, that says "Confirm your Identity - Let’s make sure it’s you” “For your security we’ll text a one time code to your mobile. Use this code to...
  5. chase zelle

chase zelle: CHASE / ZELLE - I now with a new recipient I get a popup from "chase on line" IN MY LAPTOP windows 10, when sending money by Zelle, that says "Confirm your Identity - Let’s make sure it’s you” “For your security we’ll text a one time code to your mobile. Use this code to...
  6. chase zelle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unresponsive programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive programs: I don’t seem to be able to get anything done as my Wins10 pc keeps showing programmes as not responding. Also runs slow and often seems to freeze I am getting really frustrated and need assistance please I am not really computer minded so solutions in plain English or...
  8. Unresponsive programs

Unresponsive programs: I don’t seem to be able to get anything done as my Wins10 pc keeps showing programmes as not responding. Also runs slow and often seems to freeze I am getting really frustrated and need assistance please I am not really computer minded so solutions in plain English or...
  9. Unresponsive programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unresponsive: Hi there..can someone tell me why my PC gets unresponsive when it is left running on for sometime like when I am doing nothing but only downloading something. Same thing happens with my browser also. When the PC is not responding it also displays the message " out of memory...