Windows 10: Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?

Discus and support Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Curse ( a chat program very much like Skype) with my friends so we can all play and talk to each other. Unfortunately, whenever I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam234, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Adam234 Win User

Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?

I'm trying to use Curse ( a chat program very much like Skype) with my friends so we can all play and talk to each other. Unfortunately, whenever I'm in a call, all programs except the chat program are muted. This is very frustrating for games where I need audio. This issue occurs with Skype as well. Before anyone posts, YES I have tried going to sounds > communications > do nothing. It didn't solve the problem.
    Any help is appreciated.

:)

Adam234, Nov 12, 2015

2. Cursor keeps flashing busy

Hi Matts,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; is the cursor start flashing on when you open Skype or Curse Voice application? If so then it might be issue with Skype and Curse Voice application.

I suggest you to trying uninstalling and install it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall Skype and Curse Voice application.

1) Press Windows key + x and select Program and features.

2) Right click on the Skype lick on Uninstall.

3) Repeat 1 and 2 for Curse Voice application also.

Step 2: Download and install Curse Voice and Skype.

To download Curse Voice, refer to the below link:

Curse Voice

To download Skype, refer to the below link:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Am I the only one who is disappointed ?

Hello,

I use Skype from its earliest versions. I must say I am disappointed each version is less useful than old ones. For example 2 important things you "went backwards" on

• The ability to save conversations/history to file
    • The setting that I can set Skype to automatically load when Win10 starts
    • When new chat came I got no notification except immediate ones, so if I am not in front or I am busy with other things I might ignore messages I got from others. At early versions the Skype symbol at program bar at windows bottom was flushing or being
      bold with number of unread messages etc
    Although I was big fan of Skype, having lost those advantages I am considering "moving" to other applications
    like WhatsApp etc.

Eran2099Eran2099, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?

1. Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call? - Similar Threads - Chat programs Skype

2. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  3. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  4. A startup program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A startup program called "Program": I found startup program called "Program". I found this after installing some apps 1- Google chrome /2- Wondershare E-Draw Max why?father more:- within my other pc I found this and after restart the blue screen error occurred....
  5. Discord mutes other programs when used?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Discord mutes other programs when used?: I use a Bluetooth headset from MPOW - P/N: 18A43 paired with my PC (Windows 10 64 bit). The headphones are connected via a Bluetooth stick (UB499) from tp-link connected. So far everything is great, sound runs and sounds good. If I now turn on the program Discord, everything...
  6. Startup program called "Program"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup program called "Program": [ATTACH] I installed some programs that block websites in order to focus on my studies, and after i found out which one suits better for me, i uninstalled the rest, or i thought so. For some reason, there is this startup program called "Program", which after investigating...
  7. Camera detect by Skype but not by others programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera detect by Skype but not by others programs on Windows 10: Hi, I have a strange issu since few days My Camera works fine on Skype, but if I use Teams or just the webcam app, the camera is not detected. I already checked on the webcam settings I authorised the webcam for all my apps, but Teams is not on the list for the apps I...
  8. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED: Hi, I just figured this out myself because Microsoft refuses to answer this question. I don't know why they won't, but they won't. I'm posting this here because this answer needs to get out there. This is probably going to get taken down because Microsoft support hates...
  9. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  10. Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs: Greetings everyone! Windows noob here. I recently built a very nice computer to use for streaming on twitch. I have everything working great except one issue. All my in game voice chats and even 3rd party programs (discord) will eventually mute or disconnect? I'm not sure...